Topic: Can SmoothVideo double framerate of 720p 30fps to fix jerky framerate?

There are some on demand wrestling videos I downloaded that I think were originally 1080i but the company only provides 720p 30fps downloads instead of 60fps to save bandwidth. That causes a jerky unsmooth framerate. Is it possible to use SmoothVideo to convert the 720p 30fps to 60fps to get a smooth framerate?

Also can I use SmoothVideo with Avisynth to encode the video to 60fps? Thanks

Re: Can SmoothVideo double framerate of 720p 30fps to fix jerky framerate?

Download Hybrid, set encode settings, go to avisynth filtering/framerate and select Interframe (basically script of SVP).
DONE.

OK but will this actually give a smooth framerate or simply double the framerate and it will have the same jerky framerate as before?
Because I used QTGMC to double the framerate and it gave the same jerky framerate as before so will Interframe actually give a smooth framerate?

DaveyMames
SVP is not equal to QTGMC.
QTGMC can restore full frames from fields.
SVP can "restore" interpolated intermediate frames between original frames.
So SVP must give you "actually a smooth framerate".

5 (edited by James D 24-02-2015 17:18:06)

Or rather like "smooth playback". Framerate can't be jerky, it's either constant or variable neutral

You know fine well what I'm referring to. If you take 1080i which wasn't shot on film and convert to 720p 30fps then you lose half the motion. If you were to instead convert the 1080i to 720p 60fps then the frame rate looks good. I'm trying to fix the crappy framerate of some 720p 30fps videos by converting to 60fps with SmoothVideo.

7 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 25-02-2015 05:19:18)

I think the issue is that, from what it sounds like, you are basically asking if SVP can do the exact thing it was made to do in the first place - interpolate frames.

It's no surprise that some people have interpreted your post otherwise, because it'd be like asking if Internet Explorer can view Google.com

Then read SVP instructions if you can't use SVP after installation. It's not too hard to use u know.  big_smile