Topic: Unable to change any settings in SVP Manager

Hi,

I'm having problems with my ability to change settings in the SVP menu.
I can select the settings, but the dot that marks the choice does not change.
For example, i click on Interface Type: advanced, but nothing changes.

Any help would be appreciated

Re: Unable to change any settings in SVP Manager

If exit and launch SVPMgr again will not help then try to launch once SVPMgr as administrator.

so, I've tried to run it as an admin, but it still won't let me change any settings in the SVP menu.
I've also tried this on my computer at work, running Win 7 Pro 64 bit, and here , here i can edit the settings, but the ffdshow filter, was not automatically chosen and had to be added manually.

I think i'll try to reinstall it using different installation parameters.

I have a similar problem.
Clicking any option in SVP Manager does nothing.
Even clicking exit doesn't do anything.

Operating System
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
CPU
    Intel Core i5 4570

catnips
It is strange. We need more information.
Please post here all files from your C:\ProgramData\SVP 3.1\Logs

6 (edited by James D 21-02-2015 16:33:47)

YES! I THOUGHT IT WAS A VIRUS!

I had this same exact issue which was looking like totally corrupted OS. When i clicked on SVP Tray icon and moved a cursor over context menu it didn't react. I had manually click on any submenu (like Threads, Profiles) so it would be glown with blue color and even when I clicked again to actually open any submenu or even to close SVP manager it did not react!

After I uninstalled SVP and reinstalled again it became even worse because now settings were resetted and I couldn't change them! Couldn't even turn of OSD messaging, nothing!

I had Windows 7. I reverted Reserved Backup by Acronis and all is great now. I was 100% sure that it was some kind of virus/bugged update which corrupted my OS. I uninstalled all updates till January but that didn't solve the problem.

On a side note. All who are affected. Do you have another strange symptoms? Lets say you launch video player and then double click on any shortcut on desktop (like My Computer) does it launch or you have to click 3 times ahead?
Note: this may be totally unconnected with the issue with SVP tray icon OR may be another symptom of virus/bugged update.
I have Punto Switcher and I never had problems on Windows 7 with it but I had those with Win8 and above. And suddenly I got the same problem on Windows 7! Had to close PS so would OS would correctly react on clicks so that's why I thought it could be some Windows update which brought something from Windows 8 and resulted in other bugs like SVP tray icon bug.
P.S. I install all updates again to see i that screws up SVP tray icon again.
P.P.S. We could write a list of all installed programs. Perhaps one of them is interfering.
P.P.P.S. After installing all Important updates I don't see this bug.

7 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 21-02-2015 20:17:02)

You can always try using SVP v3.1.5:
http://wayback.archive.org/web/20140330 … 5_Core.exe

Also, you can back up your SVP video profiles by doing a search for the folder named "SVP 3.1", going into it, and making a copy of the folder "Profiles" (copy it to your desktop or something).

By default it should be located at one of the following; you can paste this into "Run" or into the search box in the start menu:

• %ProgramData%\SVP 3.1

• %userprofile%\appdata\roaming\svp 3.1

8 (edited by catnips 21-02-2015 20:45:42)

MAG79 wrote:

catnips
It is strange. We need more information.
Please post here all files from your C:\ProgramData\SVP 3.1\Logs

Double clicking the icon brings up the active profile settings menu which I can interact with fine.

Logs attached.

Post's attachments

Logs.zip 2.89 kb, 432 downloads since 2015-02-21 

better also record short video with bandicam.

catnips
Nothing strange in logs. I really don't know what happend with your system. hmm

11 (edited by James D 02-03-2015 18:19:06)

So here is a video because I got this strange behavior again. http://youtu.be/UNoz8XFIjb4
Youtube is dead or what? Anyway, here is the download link for video http://www.ex.ua/959962964722

1. I believe that this may be somehow connected to 7+Taskbar Tweaker. Does anyone guys using it from you? Ingvarr, catnips?
2. Anyhow even if it is connected with thirdparty application I must confirm that NONE other tray icon is affected with it.

Therefore I ask SVP developers pay some attention to this. Perhaps (just a guess) to set up the SVP tray icon that way so context menu would be opened with right click button only, not both left and right.

I use 7+Taskbar Tweaker.
SVP manager seems to work after disabling 7+ and restarting.

James D
so context menu would be opened with right click button only, not both left and right

what hmm ?

14 (edited by James D 02-03-2015 22:03:10)

Chainik
what  hmm ?

Yeah, now I see... For some reason on affected system (Win7 with 7+tweaker) context menu opens even if you click left mouse button on SVP tray icon... While on non-affected system (Win10 without 7+tweaker) single left click really does nothing.

I have no idea why 3-rd party software would interfere so much with just 1 tray icon. hmm

15 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 02-03-2015 22:01:04)

Possibly relevant: I just discovered that double-clicking the SVP task bar icon brings up the currently-active video profile settings.

16 (edited by James D 02-03-2015 22:05:05)

Nintendo Maniac 64
Well, everybody but you knew it big_smile

Well I always right-clicked, so...

James D
context menu opens even if you click left mouse button on SVP tray icon
It can be only with the last build from Russian thread. It was my experiment with menu on left mouse button and I forgot to disable it. Sorry for inconvenience. smile

19 (edited by James D 03-03-2015 03:20:19)

AHA, That was harsh but explains! lol  Not all but really much.
I reverted to 3.1.6.1042 and all problems gone because 5 hours ago they appeared even with 7+taskbartweaker turned off. So it had a point when I was telling myself "funny, I never had any real big bug with SVP before. Why it felt on me now?"
I still believe that that software can interfere but only in some scenarios because now all programs launched and no problem anyways.

Now I will be twice more cautious using Betas neutral

This update should fix context menu once and forever
http://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopic … 000#p48000

James D
Never say forever...