Topic: how to use separetely installed MPClassic x86?

i cannot use MPClassic that comes separetely(not with SVP). i cannot add ffdsow filter like on screenshot on this forum, because it simply not exist in list on available filters. i have failed to locate it using browse button(tried all available files from SVP folder and also SVP/MP classic subfolder). added LAV filters but this is not helping.

reason i need this - i need to install last version of media player classic due to bug with old version(no big deal - press OK button each time i open MPC).

or atleast please update MPC in svp installation.

2 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 14-02-2015 03:49:49)

Re: how to use separetely installed MPClassic x86?

That's odd... assuming you did a full installation of SVP, you should be able to use even a portable copy of the newest 32bit MPC-HC with SVP perfectly fine (which is what I've done).

vprime
please update MPC in svp installation
It will be done soon.

For now you can use Full SVP installation with your player. It is the simplest way.

4 (edited by Bong34 14-02-2015 16:06:40)

Will you also update LAV Filter versions in the SVP package?

I find it confusing to try to update these manually since they are not installed to their regular folders when installed as part of the SVP package, so if I try to update I get them twice and I'm confused about which is in use and whether it will work/crash.

Almost all of the components (AVISynth, ffdshow, MadVR) seems to have a later update. Are there issues with these, or are you conservative about updates, or is there any other reasons why we are not at the "bleeding edge" with the SVP package? I'm only asking out of curiosity.

5 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 14-02-2015 20:21:14)

Bong34 wrote:

Will you also update LAV Filter versions in the SVP package?

The LAVFilters are built into MPC-HC, and MPC-HC v1.7.8 contains a a version of LAVFilters that are only 3 weeks old as of this post.

Bong34
since they are not installed to their regular folders when installed as part of the SVP package

LAV filters aren't installed by SVP at all as they're bundled with MPC-HC

New LAV Filter has released 2 days ago. (0.63 -> 0.64)

Hmm... This tidings looks not help to this topic.

https://github.com/Nevcairiel/LAVFilters/releases

8 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 15-02-2015 20:04:58)

I bet the MPC-HC guys are wishing they held out for the full v0.64 before releasing v1.7.8. tongue