26 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 30-01-2015 10:33:59)

Re: Problems with 1080p

Apologies for the double post, but I want to make sure Nyan sees this.

You can put your SVP and MPC-HC settings back to however you want them.

(personally though I still recommend using D3D Fullscreen* and Intel QuickSync**)

*D3D Fullscreen has a bit lower CPU utilization and also works with the likes of G-Sync and likely with Adaptive Sync and FreeSync as well.  It also has much better video performance on very low-end Intel GPUs (like the 8 year old Intel 965GMA).

##Intel QuickSync should use less CPU than DXVA2 copy-back except in situations with fancy subtitles, which considering your username of "Nyan" you probably have a couple videos with such things.

27 (edited by Nyan 30-01-2015 10:37:06)

If you're feeling daring, you could try re-installing 3.1.6 core again + the latest hotfixes.

I did that, doesn't work

I re-installed 3.1.5 core and it works again

You can put your SVP and MPC-HC settings back to however you want them. (though personally I still recommend "D3D Fullscreen" and "Intel QuickSync")

I changed the settings back and it works fine

Edit:

which considering your username of "Nyan" you probably have a couple videos with such things

Funny thing is, I had chosen this username before I started watching anime. I do watch anime now, but the username is purely coincidental

Nyan
As I can see you are using the same player MPC-HC 32bit with SVP both version 3.1.5 and 3.1.6.
Components are same too: Avisynth, ffdShow, (and ReClock, madVR if you use them).
And SVP 3.1.5 Core is working to you but 3.1.6 Core is not.
Am I right?

3.1.6 has some new features comparing to 3.1.5 (from changelog):

+ Added black borders auto detection and cropping;
+ Quality improvement - intermediate frames are calculated in linear light;
+ Improved 3D stereo formats detection using tags in file names;
+ Added option to drop every other frame;
= SVP can be installed in limited accounts;
= Lots of small bugs fixed;

I think you can try to disable "black borders auto detection and cropping" in SVP 3.1.6 to check is it the issue.
SVP tray menu - Frame crop - uncheck Auto crop black bars

I think you can try to disable "black borders auto detection and cropping" in SVP 3.1.6 to check is it the issue.
SVP tray menu - Frame crop - uncheck Auto crop black bars

I reinstalled 3.1.6 core + hotfixes, unchecked 'Auto crop black bars', and it works!
Apparently the video isn't exaclty 1920x1080, but 1920x1038 (which explain why it was the only one not working)

Nyan
1920x1038
Thank you. We will take a look to this issue.
I think we need to fix work of function "black borders auto detection and cropping" with such non-standard resolutions.