1 (edited by Vyy 04-01-2015 01:50:37)

Topic: how to reactivate reclock + videos are pixelated and are stuttering

hi

first off, sorry for my bad english, i am not a native speaker.

i accidently deactivated reclock (in the window i clicked that i dont want to activate it and that i dont want to be asked again). how can i reactivate it?

also, since installation i noticed a general loss in video quality. everything is more pixelated than before, and also the video "stutters" when the camera moves
that goes even if i u install svp and even for youtube videos (firefox), and videos in vlc. also, there are now little shadows benath the subtitles.

thanks in advance

Re: how to reactivate reclock + videos are pixelated and are stuttering

In MPC-HC, to go View | Options | Playback | Output, I believe Reclock should show up under Audio Renderer.

3 (edited by Fanty1972 04-01-2015 05:22:42)

You could also use windows search for "reclock". then pick "Reclock configuration" (or you go manualy to the folder ReClock was installed to and start confiq.exe)

Go to "Advanced settings" either click "restore default settings" or on the same page, pick the player you are using and the ReClock status you want for it) manualy.
http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/@api/deki/files/601/=ReClock1.png

---------

also, since installation i noticed a general loss in video quality. everything is more pixelated than before, and also the video "stutters" when the camera moves

Stuttering when the camera moves is something SVP is meant to reduce (remove), not to produce.
If this happens during SVP is running, it may be that settings are too high for the computer or the video.

Video stutter without SVP:
1. try to restart windows and look if it gets better. I think I had experienced something like that before.

2. If you used SVP for a longer time, your eyes are ruined for normal video. I cant watch video without realising a horrible stuttering, specially in camera movement. I first thought installing SVP wrecked my video output, but in fact I experienced the same horrible stutter on my smartphone (there is no Android SVP, so it could not have wreck my Android...ha ha) and I experienced it with computers of friends, who did never use SVP.

4 (edited by Vyy 04-01-2015 12:51:24)

thank you very much, the reclock stuff works now.
by the way, is there a reason not to use reclock?

the other thing:

the video stuttering just appears when i do NOT use svp (since installation of svp) but the general loss in quality (higher pixelation of all videos, even in youtube) happens since installation of svp with every player.

1. windows restart did not help
2. uninstallation of svp did not help
3. i noticed this right after i testet svp first so it cant be accustoming. even in youtube lets-plays the subtitles are more pixelated.

To avoid pixelation just change the renderer.

ok thanks, but how can i change the renderer? i right clicked on svp manager but could not find the option

Vyy
MPC-HC - View - Options... - Output.
Select Enchanced Video Renderer (Custom Presenter) or madVR.
If your system is slow then select Overlay Mixer Renderer.

8 (edited by Vyy 04-01-2015 19:51:53)

changing the rederer had no effect. and as i was saying, the problem persists even after uninstalling svp.
dont get me wrong, your tool is amazing and i happily sacrifice this quality loss over higher framerate, but it would be even better if the quality would stay the same smile

What's your computer specs and graphic card? madVR allows to further increase the image quality but requires a modern graphic card.

When I played around with Reclock, it seemed to cause stutter and I found it to play better without it. Later, I read someone commenting that Reclock had issues with certain graphic cards. I can't give any more details, but personally I decided to go without it. I still don't even understand its benefits...

Mainboard - ASRock Z68 Pro3 Gen3, Z68
cpu - Intel Core i5-2500K, 4x 3.30GHz
gfx - Geforce GTX 580
RAM - TeamGroup Elite DIMM Kit 8GB PC3-10667U CL9-9-9-24 (DDR3-1333)
Monitor - BenQ XL2420T

with this i can run any video in 120 fps (i have a 120hz monitor) besides 1080p ones. they run only in 60fps.
what would be the settings in madvr to increse the quality, and would my gfx card support it?

I wonder if you mean "artefacts" with "pixelation" or "drop in image quality".

Stuff like this? (couldnt find any "real movie" example at the moment)
http://www.svp-team.com/w/images/thumb/c/c2/Anime-1.jpg/500px-Anime-1.jpg

Vyy
What you mean under 'pixelation'?
did you reopen your video after change renderer to your changes will take effect?

1. with pixelation i mean a general decrease in image quality. the pixels tend to be bigger, which makes  everything more blurry and less sharp.
here is a picture. sorry for the low res, i took it with the players alt-i function. if there is a way to capture at higher res, please tell me how and i can do it.
http://www.directupload.net/file/d/3858 … nu_jpg.htm

2. yes i did reopen it and it had no effect.

Vyy
I don't see any pixelating at your picture. It is normal to me. Maybe it is because I need to look at source picture without pixelation?

15 (edited by Vyy 05-01-2015 16:36:58)

well it looked better before tongue maybe it easier to see in motion.
also, as i said, since svp installation videos in vlc and youtube stutter much more as before when the camera is moving.
this persists even if i uninstall svp, as if just the installation changed something entirely about video rendering in the whole system, no matter which player is being used. is this possible, or is this maybe just my imagination? i mean i dont think so, but i would not dismiss it entirely

Yes your system would work with SVP + madVR. Read about madVR here

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=146228

madVR is a bit more complex to configure. It improves the image quality by scaling your videos up/down with better (and more demanding) algorithms, but you have to tell it which algorithms to use for each type of video by configuring different profiles. With SVP @ 60fps, madVR has 16.6ms to render each frame without dropping frames. Press CTRL+J in MPC-HC to view statistics and select an algorithm that keeps you under 16.6ms.

At 120fps, however, madVR would only have 8.3ms to render each frame... unless MAG79 would edit SVP to first allow frame processing by madVR and THEN increase the frame rate.

17 (edited by Vyy 05-01-2015 20:40:13)

the renderer svp manager chose by default already was madVR, so i a  using it already.
but you say i can still better the quility via configuring it? with "each type of video" you mean "each type or resolution" i presume? because i already configured the various resolutions so that every resolution under 1080p runs with 120fps while 1080p runs with 60.
where do i choose different algorithms, in te same menu? like:

- right click svp manager
- video profiles
- choose resolution

and then?

also, in the statistics i saw "smooth motion: off"
could you please tell me what it does and how to activate it?

thank you!

madVR is different than SVP. Read madVR's documentation. When a video plays, madVR's tray icon appears so click on it to open its settings and follow the documentation to create video profiles. Keep madVR's Smooth Motion OFF as SVP provides better smooth motion features.

19 (edited by Vyy 05-01-2015 21:45:06)

ok thanks. how can i deactivate the svp motion smoothness?

Vyy wrote:

ok thanks. how can i deactivate the svp motion smoothness?

Why would you do this? SVP is all about motion smoothness.

Settings: Disable SVP
Alternatively: Right click SVP in the tray and chose "exit"

Mystery was talking about deactivating madVR motion smoothness (wich is already off by default) because its an alternative method of smoothing motion, wich is far inferior (but much less hardware consuming) than SVP. It does not really calculate extra frames with interpolated motion but blends frames simpy into each others.

It should not even work together if SVP aims for full screen refreshrate.

21 (edited by Vyy 06-01-2015 00:15:44)

sorry i meant how i can ACTIVATE it, not deactivate it ^^
my bad
because there is a setting that says "smooth motion off" when i press ctrl - j, and i would like to know how to activate it

That's madVR's smooth motion that is off. You want to keep it that way.

If it doesn't play at 60 or 120fps, you'll know by looking at the image.

oh ok, thank you