Topic: Reduce GPU Usage

Hi Guys.
Could anyone be so kind to specify which settings in advanced mode are more GPU consuming so I can balance the performance with madvr ? This renderer is also very GPU hungry and right now I can't interpolate my videos to 60fps.
I should mention I am using MPC HC 1.7.7. + madVR + Finesharp shaders + SVP  with an i7 4790K + GTX 970 4GB + 16GB RAM latest drivers on everything .

Thanks a lot for this awesome tool and the support.

Re: Reduce GPU Usage

You could just point SVP to use i7's gpu

I didn't know I could do that. Care to point me where can I select GPU to use ?
Thanks a lot. This would be the best solution since my CPU barely reaches 30% while the GPU is always to the limit.

SVP tray menu - GPU-acceleration (OpenCL) - Intel HD Graphics 4600

I have GPU acceleration disabled in that option since my GPU is always at limit with the setup mentioned in my first post.
If I execute MPC without FFDShow+SVP my GPU works at 66% with an 720p video fullscreen (I forgot to mention I have a 4K Panasononic TV), but if I activate FFDShow+SVP GPU usage climbs up to 96% and start dropping frames like crazy.
So, is this normal behaviour for everybody? Is there anything else I could do to reduce a little my GPU load ?
Thanks

phoenix369
I have GPU acceleration disabled
So. All GPU load is generated by madVR. SVP uses CPU only.
You need to adjust settings in madVR.

Without SVP runnung madVR process 24 frames per second. With SVP enabled madVR needs to process 60 frames per second.

Makes sense. Thanks for clearing this up for me.