1 (edited by leerees 14-11-2014 20:03:36)

Topic: Lightweight install

Hi Guys,

I tried installaing SVP using the default settings and it broke youtube and other sites so I've system restored.

I have a win7 and an ok CPU (i7 4930k) graphics card is a geforce titan 2, what I'm looking for is motion smoothing plus the best quality rendering possible (don't care about CPU usage, quality is paramount for me), I don't want all the extra settings and only want to use SVP in MPC for watching movies, I do not want any youtube or web integration.

Unfortunately I don't have the time to learn what all the individual codecs and libraries are for therefore I was hoping someone can point me in the direction of a newbies settings / minimal install guide or at least tell me what options to select / deselect using the automated installer package. I was told I need MadVR, whatever that is, I used to use DivX in MPC on my old PC and found that rendering looked much better than FFDSHOW / Xvid.

My only experience of motion smoothing is using crystal player pro and I loved the effect but just found the rendering was far worse quality than DivX. Anyway I'm out of touch with all this, can we not have motion smoothing with DivX or is there something better now?

From what I've seen of SVP it looks great on my friends PC, just need to get it setup with the best quality settings on mine.

Many thanks and sorry for the lazy noobish help me for free post!

Anyway great project, a donation is on it's way to you.

Re: Lightweight install

1. SVP Core
2. MPC-HC 32-bit - see mpc-hc.org
3. http://www.svp-team.com/wiki/SVP:MPC-HC

and you're done wink

but you'd better ask some of your friends for help if you was able to "break youtube and other sites" with SVP installation  big_smile