1 (edited by potat0 03-11-2014 17:04:42)

Topic: SVPTube 10 seconds problem

Well, I think this is some sort of legendary problem- it's appeared numerous times to numerous people, and even a thorough debugging hasn't helped me fix it. The basics are the usual: selecting any DASH stream gives me a 10 second video initially. After I let MPC-HC buffer a while and restart the video, it gets to some length depending on how much it has buffered. For shorter videos, it gets to the full length by one restart, for longer ones it takes two to three. Here's my current settings:
MPC-HC 1.7.7 5th October, non nightly.
LAV Splitter
LAV Vide and ffdshow Video. I switch depending on whether I want smooth video or not, especially if the Youtube video already is 60fps.

EDIT: After messng about a bit, I ran into another problem: MPC-HC stops playing the video ~60% in, audio continues.

Re: SVPTube 10 seconds problem

all we know it's heavily depends on the connection speed in case of LAV filters

may be you'll get better luck with Daum PotPlayer using its internal source filter

potat0
That is strange, for me it plays 60-90% and video continues but audio stops. If you rewind it will play the audio up to the point it originally stopped, but if you fast forward it will start to get audio again.

4 (edited by Creat 14-11-2014 03:06:29)

I seem to have the same issue. Unfortunately it was only after I've started my own thread here that I've realized that, since it never even close to 10 seconds or similar values...

Edit:
After giving it a quick try, this problem doesn't exist with the aforementioned Potplayer (I had never heard of, weirdly). I haven't found a way to actually open audio AND video together though, but if I just open the 1080p DASH stream in it, the video length is always correct. There is an "Open external audio..." option, but it opens a file-dialog and I can't enter an URL there, so the only option would be to download the audio stream and open it that way. There also doesn't seem to be a command line option for like /dub in MPC-HC either (at least not listed under F1 --> Command Line). Note that this player also instantly opens the video, it doesn't take ~30 seconds for it to start.

All in all it does seem like the problem lies with MPC-HC though, and not SVPtube, but getting to the bottom of it would be rather nice!

Edit2: God damn, nevermind. Video length is shown correctly, but jumping to a position beyond where it usually stops with MPC, it will also stop with Potplayer, or the player will actually just completely freeze. So it's not the fault of the player after all.