1 (edited by sparktank 29-10-2014 00:05:56)

Topic: MVTools: SVP vs. Dither + Avisynth versions

Currently, there is MVTools provided (and optimized) for SVP for quality/speed.

And there's cretindesalpes' MVTools 2.6.0.5 that has been modded for 16bit processing in his dither package on doom9.

I was curious if you guys had a look at his source code and found anything useful that can be used in current SVP MVTools.

I've been switching the two back and forth and find the results are always different.
Quality varies from source to source, naturally.

But, for some movies, I find when there is motion, the dither_MVTools provides a clearer/crisper image, while for other sources, SVP_MVTools provides much better quality.

cretindesalpes' MVTools has source code included.
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p … ost1386559

really curious to know if you guys had  already looked at it and what you found.

I know some on doom9 will interchange the 2 MVTools for both SVP and the Dither_package itself.

============

I'm also really curious about the different Avisynth versions.
I'm currently using "AviSynth 2.60, build:Sep 28 2013 [15:09:12] (2.6.0.4) (MT)" (reported by AVSMeter 1.8.3) and haven't had any issues that most say they have.

What sort of issues am I looking at using the current 2.6 Alpha 4?

My system:
Windows 7 (x64)
8GB of RAM
NVidia GTX 750 Ti
Intel Core i5-2320 @3.00GHz, 4core (no-HyperThreaiding but has Boost)
K-Lite Codec Pack Mega (MPC-HC, LAV, FFDShow, MadVR)
ReClock
AviSynth 2.60, build:Sep 28 2013 [15:09:12] (2.6.0.4) (MT)
MVTools 2: mvtools-2.6.0.5 (dither) _or_ MVTools_2.5.11.9 (SVP)

I've not really tried the SVP mod for "AviSynth 2.5.8 (SVP edition)" as most of my workflow for other things uses 2.6a4.
I'm still trying to wrap my head around a batch_script method to easily switch between AVS versions that Groucho2004 (of Doom9) has provided.
EDIT: this is the actual post with the different versions and reg file to switch AVS versions:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p … ost1677076

Eventually, I would just love to easily switch between the two versions when desired.

I'm already loving the current updates but have never really explored everything yet.

Re: MVTools: SVP vs. Dither + Avisynth versions

sparktank
Thank you for pointing to MVTools_mod16.

SVPFlow library works with 8bit YV12 colorspace only.
MVTools_mod16 works with 16bit colorspaces. See High Bit-depth at avisynth wiki.

SVPFlow is optimized by speed to get maximum possible picture quality in realtime when calculated interpolated frames. High Bit-depth processing is not needed for this purposes and will make calculations very slow.

That's good to know about the speed for calculations.

I'll stick with the SVP_mod for SVP uses and interchange MVTools_mod16 for Dither_mod16 uses (as their intended uses).  big_smile

the only thing is "16 bit" in that MVTools is MDegrain output, that's all

and there's no MDegrain in SVPflow libs if you're talking about it

if it'll make you feel better - GPU-accelerated SVSmoothFps internally processes frames in FP32 format  big_smile