Topic: MPC-HC Crashes

When it comes to MPC-HC crashing when seeking, I talked about it with them (as I was reporting something else) and here's what they said

The question still stands, is there anything MPC-HC is doing wrong? I'm pretty much sure we doesn't do anything fancy during seeking. If he spend a lot of time fixing the issue I'm pretty sure he looked at MPC-HC code as well. Like I said before I'm not using SVP, but if we get clear information that we do something wrong or even an idea how we can improve compatibility with SVP we will surly consider any changes.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t … mp;page=79

They have a bunch of people actively working on improving the player. Perhaps it would be worth taking some time to talk with them. I know you guys spent a lot of time trying to resolve the crash problem to no avail, and where did the problem seem to come from? Is it something they can fix on their end?

Re: MPC-HC Crashes

Mystery
I think the problem is somewhere near frames buffer. SVPFlow library calculates some frames ahead by avisynth demands. Avisynth store in memory some frames by ffdShow demand. ffdShow store in memory some frames by player (or renderer) demand. Renderer have internal frame buffer to avoid stutter. When seek all these buffers must be cleared and filled again with new frames. I think the clear buffer function of some of these elements from the chain may contain the error.

P.S. I'm not DS-programmer and it is my IMHO.

Re: MPC-HC Crashes

Yeah, I noticed it too, but it only happened when I seek too often in MPC-HC.

I set the delay after seeking 1 second. When I seek consecutively in fast fashion, it will freeze.

So when I want to seek, I usually delay some times before seek again.

Using Ctrl+left/right arrow is working fine too. So if I want to seek some particular scene, I just click into the rough time with cursor and then using Ctrl+left/right to see the scene that I seek. (or using Alt+left/right arrow if the rough time is very far from what my intended scene)

I noticed it too as soon I'm using SVP but I don't think that's a bug/defect tho.