1 (edited by MaXimus 20-08-2014 16:42:36)

Topic: Any plans for a Single Player SVP?

To make SVP work, we need to install many separate things like ffdshow, avisynth, LAV, madVR, etc.

I just came across Splash Player and bought a license, I like the fact that it works out of the box and plays movies @ 60 FPS, the only thing is that it doesn't support FLV or F4V but it has features like sharpening, lighting improvement, etc.

Now this made me think and I hope there would be a PAID version of SVP which is an all in one player (sort of like VLC) but with 60 FPS playback out of the box.

Splash Player is dead and development has stopped since 2 years so this could be a great opportunity for SVP to improve and bring in something new to the martket that isn't available yet! there are simply no other 60 FPS players other than SVP at the moment.

Re: Any plans for a Single Player SVP?

Personally I'd rather they didn't do that and that they focused only on improving the quality of the interpolation. It's already excellent, but in some situations could be a little better.

Let other people worry about writing and maintaining video players...

Re: Any plans for a Single Player SVP?

I concur. It's more important to have improved motion interpolation algorithm which will reduce amount of artifacts than to have single player.