Topic: I've done something that cannot be undone...

Hello, world.

For some reason or another, I decided to reinstall the K-Lite pack (with a newer version) earlier today. The next several hours were spent with my running around my computer trying to fix a whole plethora of problems, with all sorts of nice crashes and bug report screens and expletives yelled at my screen.

I eventually decided to erase all traces of anything having to do with MPC-HC, codecs, and yes, SVP. Upon cleanly reinstalling MPC-HC 64-bit and the K-Lite basic pack, I was finally able to watch videos and listen to music again. It was a happy moment for Kowbell. The next step was to reinstall SVP, because I couldn't handle going back to putrid 24 fps video - SVP had spoiled me  smile

However, now I face another problem, which I can't seem to fix myself. Installing SVP with the ffdshow plugins and AviSynth and not the prepackaged MPC caused the "Beginning smooth playback" (is that how it goes?) message to show on screen, and immediately causing the program to freeze. Uninstalling and reinstalling SVP with ffdshow, AviSynth, and the prepackaged MPC didn't fare any better; now, whenever I ran the prepackaged MPC, it gave me some garbage about not being able to render nodes and consequential lack of audio. It should be noted that I can still run the 64-bit edition of MPC without SVP with no problems.

http://i.imgur.com/fYy1rMr.jpg

So, learned members of the SmoothVideo Project, what do you suggest I do? Please, send help immediately, because I simply can't enjoy video without this glorious software.

Thank you!

Re: I've done something that cannot be undone...

SVP is not compatible to 64 bit players.
Use x86 MPC-HC.

That still doesn't solve the problem that my x86 edition can't do audio...

your first mistake was "I decided to reinstall the K-Lite pack"  big_smile
the only right thing you can do with it - is to remove it completely
still I'm not sure you'll ever get the "clean" system again

I have the same issue with my Asus Xonar DS audio card. To get audio work you can disable option in LAV Audio decoder.
MPC-HC - View - Options - Internal filters - button Audio decoder - disable option 32-bit Floating-point - OK - OK