1 (edited by Deefje 07-06-2014 09:24:28)

Topic: Flickering when using SVP

Hey everyone, great project I've always enjoyed smooth picture more than the standard 24fps despite what most people think, so this is a godsend and the first thing to get me to stop using VLC for like 10 years.

I do have a problem however when using SVP. That is that there's a flicker in the video.

It's especially noticeable when most of the screen is static and a small part is moving. The static part (for example a wall or such in the background) seem to flicker (small difference in brightness).

When the whole image is moving it's not there or it's not noticeable.

I've been playing around with the settings for as far as I know what they mean but it has had no effect (ranging from very high artifict masking, to very low) and the same with most other settings.

Disable GPU acceleration doesn't help, and it appears in video's of all resolution.

I have a 6350 running at 4.3ghz and an 6950 also OC'd to some degree.

Is this a known side effect or is there anything I can do to fix it.

Thanks for your help!

*edit: I also enabled post processing in ffdshow

Re: Flickering when using SVP

http://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1953

just get an update from Download page, called "Latest hot fixes to SVP 3.1.6 (updated on 05/04/2014)"

I actually read that post but since it also occurred for me without GPU acceleration I ignored it.

Nonetheless I'll install the update and try it. When I get to testing I'll give some more feedback. smile

I installed the update and it didn't help.

I did find the problem though, it was the 'Dynamic Contrast' option in the Catalyst Control Center. It probably didn't know how to handle things anymore since SVP was installated.

figured I'd share it with you. Do you recommend disabling all the video quality options (, Edge-enhancement, De-noise, Mosquito Noise Reduction and De-blocking) in general when using SVP or should I leave the rest on?

"video quality" options in the driver often lead to various problems, especially on low-end cards
so yes, it's better to turn them all off