1 (edited by UsaraDark 22-05-2014 13:29:31)

Topic: Is it possible for seamless playback?

I have some shot 1~3 second video files that can be looped. I want to try to set up SVP onto them but there's a slight jump in the beginning where the frames lag. Is there any way to get rid of this small jump? I tested it without SVP and it looped fine.

I tried turning off seeking and it seems to fix the jump by a lot, but there is just a tiny jump now. Now how can I get rid of that? There are no black frames, but it seems like it's lagging at the beginning, almost as if it's lagging to start rendering the video. Looking at it once again, it looks like some frames are being repeated and I also noticed that the FPS drops at the start of the video.

Any suggestions?

This was also tested using the latest version of PotPlayer.

Re: Is it possible for seamless playback?

UsaraDark
tried turning off seeking
It must help.
SVP tray menu - Turn off on seek - Don't turn off.

I thought I mentioned that in in my post... but anyways, changing seek to 'Turn off on seek' did help out. I need to do a bit more testing because I'm using several filters on top of madVR. The only problem now is that the loop is slightly off sync, or maybe it's that there a very slight pause before the video plays again.

UsaraDark
Use avisynth-script to loop your video several times:

AviSource(<filename>)
last+last+last+last
last+last+last+last

It gives you 4*4 = 16 times repeated video from <filename>.

I'm sorry to ask this, but where do I put the script and execute it?

UsaraDark
You need to create new file, save it with AVS extension and open in your player.
More info: Avisynth wiki - New to AviSynth - start here