Re: MakeN PotPlayer Guide - Not Dead Yet 2021 W.I.P.

Maken1 wrote:

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL

New things for 2014 smile.   Happy Smoother-Year.

Wish you and all fellow members of this forum a very Happy new year 2014  smile

@onlytannmoy
Thank you big_smile

I uninstalled all, downloaded all again to last versions: PotPlayer ( with updates if available ), ffdshow, svp, audio drivers, video driver and more. Thing I recommend all the time, ok maybe its boring for some peoples but no way its better keep doing that.
I can see it now, PotPlayer looks different, also some new options for say something so I need to change some screenshots. Something I liked is the sound is much better than before, I said it before thing I love more from watching movies and more is the sound, then I have speakers, sound card and best drivers? and my personal configuration after hours of testing until feed my needs. About performance well yes maybe the same or a little better and remember im still running in an old system and that's the good if it runs good then for you peoples with better and updated hardware will be.. you know smile.

The most important thing I want to make clear is the option that SVP is giving to you all with their pack and my guide is up to you, its not about which one is " better " or not Its about tastes and of course both have better stuffs than the other don't have, its good that way its for different needs. SVPs pack comes with all you need and other Player and I give you the choise to try PotPlayer + SVP + my personal settings that's all. One of those will give you what you need or is best for you and that's something you must find out yourself.

If this work for good at the end, a thanks will be enough and If you want to help me get better hardware it will be welcome too. If you want to know something about SVP only you must ask to the experts " SVP Team ". You must ask me things that are about to what is shown on my guide, I will answer if im able and if im not, im sure SVP Team will help as they were doing all this time.

I want to Thank to all peoples who contacted me in any way to ask/share their experiences about how much this helped them, worked, enjoy and more. Also I want to say Thanks to SVP to still keep this alive.

Sorry bad English.

Maken

228 (edited by orky87 11-01-2014 01:39:23)

Hi Maken,

Will your guide be applicable to PotPlayer Portable? I'm asking because installation method uses different directories and scattered dll files all over the place.

I'm trying to keep all my apps portable for easy copy/paste situations.

Happy new year everyone!

orky87 wrote:

Hi Maken,

Will your guide be applicable to PotPlayer Portable? I'm asking because installation method uses different directories and scattered dll files all over the place.

I'm trying to keep all my apps portable for easy copy/paste situations.

Happy new year everyone!

Hey orky87 how are you?
It should be fine with no problems, only you need is that your PotPlayer version(s) are updated I mean if it have same settings that are needed for this guide to make all work.. then ok.

Thank you for your contribution smile ,will the new svp version be coming soon?

Hi I've been using potplayer and loving it for a while now. I've just discovered svp and it looks pretty awesome. I'm anxious to give it a try using your guide. My question is should I wait for upcoming updates? or follow the guide as is?

232 (edited by bombadilio 11-03-2014 07:25:31)

I just discovered SVP it seems they updated POTPlayer and in the Built in Decoder settings  in Step 7 are not the same
i.e
http://www.overpic.net/viewer.php?file= … zxkn99.jpg
I have USE DSXVA at the top and it does not list condition  anymore but it has H264 compatibility.

I am curious though the main goal is I am trying to get this to work like VLC media player in wall paper mode ( I can set it up so that it puts video on all 4 of my 30" screens. Right now on 4 screens it only puts it on 3 due to nvidia surround, but in VLC it will do all 4.

system:
4 30" 1600p monitors
TITAN SLI

Love to get your input!
http://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopic … mp;login=1
https://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.ph … 55#p399855

EDIT: 3 problems I reset it up and I got POTPLAYER + SPV to work on your max settings but I have a black on the bottom with POTPLAYER, I can view everything by adjusting the video with pan but was wondering if I had set something up wrong:
http://i.imgur.com/hL6JqWyl.jpg
See the black bar on the bottom? With Pan/scan offset I can centerize it then make it full screen but images still of course take it with the black bar. I figure there is a setting I have wrong. Still wish I could get this on all 4 screens.
http://i.imgur.com/K5d1jspl.jpg?1
2 When I utilize PotPlayer Playback only it for some reason does not work with SPV with your settings, have you ever encountered that?

3 I am still not having any luck putting the image on all 4 screens. It seems to utilize the 3 screens in surround correctly but I cannot figure out how to set it up on the 4th. When it moves to the 4th it becomes blurred. This by far is the best player I have used with your settings I am just trying to get it to work on the 4th like VLC any ideas?

Full screen effect: in VLC (notice it is on all 4 screens)
http://i.imgur.com/DEIr61Ql.jpg?1

This is how it looks with Potplayer or MPC when I move passed the 3 screens
If you notice there is the black bar on the bottom (seems to only show up in Potplayer.exe not mini version) + the distortion on the right screen where I try to extend it
http://i.imgur.com/y6phFK0l.jpg?1

Edit 2 I did some editing and checked to see if any change would happen if I activated all displays and not putting it into Surround. It seems that Media Player Classic and PotPlayer have difficulty processing the other screens unless windows sees them as (1) screen. For example on All Displays when you try to expand the player it blurs the video on the other screen. However, VLC did not have this issue. It's really annoying since the features of PotPlayer are AMAZING. I went back to surround and have the black bar on the bottom still but I have not found a solution to it not showing video on more than 1 monitor (in my case 2 since Nvidia sees 3 as 1)
I also had posted on the SPV forums as well:
http://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopic … 895#p40895

fruoyu0127
hi, im sure there will be a new and better version later. Cant say when but it will be.

FING3RZ
hi, I been extremely busy all this time, ill try to update all as soon as possible, sorry for the problems. just wait for it.

bombadilio
hi, yes those settings / images are old, don't use it, ill try to update all as soon as possible. You could try them later and see if it help with your problems.

Updates 3/2/2014

1- Main post updated with Basic settings to make PotPlayer ready for SVP. It gives performance / quality.
2- Extras and SVP settings are still W.I.P. and I will update them in times.
3- Advanced settings for Nvidia users, Creative Sound Blaster Sound Cards, optional Windows settings ( Audio / Video recommended settings ), personal test on some file  types like mkv, mp4, DTS, TrueDTS, BDAV, etc. Users with 5.1 speakers setup and more will be on Extras.

If need help with things that are about this Guide only just let me know. Thanks

Mak

Thanks Maken,

THink you might be able to think outside the box with me on the problem I am having? I use 4 30" monitors.

Pot Player and MPC - HC both have issues moving the video to more than 1 monitor. The only  way it works on my three monitors is due to "Surround" which makes it seem as 1 monitor + 1 accessory.

VLC will play the video and institute "wall paper Mode"  or stretching to window and the video will play on all 4 monitors.

However MPC & Pot Player distort the image once it goes past 3 monitors. There has to be a fix for this. Pot Player looks so much better with SVP  but I have a really expensive 4th screen and really want to it on all 4 8-)

Truly would appreciate any help.
Any Ideas? Disabling DXVA does not seem to help

I have just joined the forum and would like to say Hi.
How many of you guys are using RAMDISK for all the applications - SVP, Potplayer  etc ?
I have loaded all including my video file into RAMDISK and then play.
I have found I can push the profile settings of SVP to a higher level before CPU limits are reached.

Thanks this guide helped me out a bunch really appreciate it.Was having flicker problems using an older Radeon card quality is top knotch now.Have a sieki 4k TV is there anyway to play 2160p files  on an older system with potplayer its playing them now with the new settings but not anywhere close to fullframe rate just wondering if there maybe a software solution? or most likely going to have some faster hardware.Been waiting for the Nuvola player a standalone hardware solution for 4k.

It helped with some mp4 files some locked up is it where I can adjust or tweak to get it running smooth on an old system mkv files they would lock up completely as well as most mp4 was just wondering what settings I need to adjust to get more speed?

Not in it an essence.

anyone know if this works with 4k video?

I haven't tested that yet, 4k samples. I think my pc no powerful enough for that and also idk if its possible. but if you can provide a short 4k sample to test.

@Corvus420

Hi, sorry late answer. I cant provide for now 4k support or help because my pc not powerful enough for it but even common movies and clips I watch are 1080p or 720p as minimum , but 4k? where to find ? beside im sure in size it will be very huge and bad for slow networks like mine =/.

Thank you too, im glad this helped you.

Hi all

Main post Updated

Updates:
1- Added other solution for Interlaced material.
2- Fix for 60 fps material.
3- Nvidia Cuda for Nvidia users.

Hi all

Main post updated.

Updates:
1- Added Extra Video Quality and Extra Audio Quality. Both are not complete yet.

Btw thanks to SVP Team for the updates for SVP, no problems with it all working just fine.

i wonder why fraps show 60 fps even when i have svp turned off

BlackPawLynx wrote:

i wonder why fraps show 60 fps even when i have svp turned off

Hi, we cant help if you don't show more about it. First time I see that or at least it never happened to me yet.

247 (edited by Slim 13-05-2014 23:35:37)

oops wrong thread

Yo Maken.. Hello... how are you..First wana say thanks for all your effort to help all these guys out. Much appreciated!

I seem to have some difficulties following your instructions.. (not sure if its because maybe the available software ie potplayer has changed or not)

Im about to configure pot player and in your section 2. Pot player configurations -2 Change the size of the player as you wish, then press " F5 " and fallow this settings (there is an image which shows to change 'BUILT IN SELF DXVA DECODER'....

Except... I don't have this... I cannot change the option (its stuck on 'default preset') - I have installed everything prior to this (although instructions maybe slightly different.) -Maybe I should select 'dxva' when installing ffdshow? your instructions tell me not to. HELP! tongue

Hmm I think im doing something very wrong as I don't see an option to change to CUDA anywhere (I have a NVidia gtx 670). Should I reinstall your driver?

ps. I don't or didn't see in your instruction where/when to install svp... Could you confirm where it is in the instructions please.

ok I will give up for the time being.. and revert to the basic installation of MPV-HC tongue too complicated for me.. and couldn't get cuda to work :S sad