Topic: MPC-HC is crashing when opening certain videos

Certain videos from Youtube cause my MPC-HC to crash after startup.
The faulty module shown is "ffdshow.ax". This only started happening after I installed SVP 3.1.6, i had no problems with 3.1.5. The crash also occurs if I deactivate SVP.
I already tried to uninstall SVP and ffdshow and did a reinstall of both using the SVP installer, but this didnt help.

Re: MPC-HC is crashing when opening certain videos

fegen
Certain videos from Youtube
Try to choose another resolution from SVPtube. In some cases it helps me.
Please give me the link to problem Youtube video. I will investigate the problem.

You are right, it depdended on the resolution. I originally tried to view it in 720p (highest available) and MPC-HC crashed. I then switched to 480p (with an asterisk) which worked, 360p did not work and 240p (again with an asterisk) worked again. I dont know what the [ * ] means but that were the only resolutions that worked. After that I switched to another video where every available resolution was working.
So then I copied the link to the first video to post it here, but then MPC-HC automatically started playing it in 720p and it was suddenly running as it should, even in 360p. I tried a number of videos and had no problems at all.

Now that I'm typing this post I tried another video that works with the default 1080p [ * ] but crashes when I set it at 720p.

This is the video I just tested which crashed, but it seems to be a general problem with non-asterisk resolutions.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aw16bAxVoxU

The only weird thing is that I dont know how to replicate the error, since it doesnt occur reliably. The very first video I talked about in this post still works in 720p.

fegen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aw16bAxVoxU
It open and plays without MPC-HC crashes at my system. So it is kind of personal problem.