Topic: SVP + Win 8.1 x64 = black videos?

Are there any known issues with SVP and Win 8.1?  It was working just fine on Win 8 x64 but now I just get a black video when watching any type of media.  I haven't messed with any settings, just did a new install of SVP (latest version).

Re: SVP + Win 8.1 x64 = black videos?

jc265
If you have NVIDIA card then change madVR renderer to EVR or use NVidia 327.23 drivers (or older).

Using ATI, a 7970 on 14.2 beta drivers.

jc265
Do you see normal picture while playback video without SVP?

No it is still black without SVP turned on.  Just installed MPC x64 and I see video.  Is it possible to get SVP to work with MPC-HC x64?

I just did a fresh install of MPC-HC 32 bit and still get a black screen for any media type.  I'm guessing its either Win 8.1 or the Catalyst 14.2 drivers that are causing this issue?

jc265
Is it possible to get SVP to work with MPC-HC x64?
No. Supported 32bit only. Try another catalyst. I have no problem with win8.1 but I have NVIDIA card.

I have to step away for a little but will try this later tonight and reply with results.  Thanks for your feedback so far MAG79.

Sorry it took so long to get back.  Fully uninstalled the beta drivers and went back to the most up to date non-beta and still have the black video issue.  Not sure what to do now.

jc265
- check ALL of check boxes on the "Internal Filters" tab
- remove all filters from the "External Filters" list
- restart MPC-HC

Is audio working  normal with MPC-HC?

Chainik wrote:

jc265
- check ALL of check boxes on the "Internal Filters" tab
- remove all filters from the "External Filters" list
- restart MPC-HC

Doing this caused mpc to lock up, but then I re-added ffdshow to the filters and svp works once again!  Thanks!