Topic: Been almost 1 year with no updates?

It's been almost 1 year since SVP 3.1.5 was released.

There are so many updates to LAV, madVR, MPC-HC (or even better, if you can add MPC-BE) and such

is there no planned update that will include everything and perhaps some enhancements to SVP?

Re: Been almost 1 year with no updates?

update will be ready in a few weeks

thanks a lot!

4 (edited by damianos 24-03-2014 04:46:03)

Will it be any performance improvements?
If yes, is there an estimation how faster is?
Thanks in advance

No performance improvements in next version. Only bug fixes and some quality improvements.

6 (edited by fohrums 24-03-2014 12:58:57)

Is it wrong to not use default SVP components?

My method is get the SVP (core edition) and manually install latest: MPC-HC (already with LAV), FFDShow, madVR, ReClock,  & AviSynth.

Or does default's config (using older version of the softwares mentioned) provide a more specific outcome?

fohrums
Is it wrong to not use default SVP components?
Generally no. Advanced user can use SVP core and any versions of components.

manually install latest: MPC-HC (already with LAV), FFDShow, madVR, ReClock,  & AviSynth
Latest avisynth has not so good compatibility to SVP as original avisynth. You can get memory leaks error.

does default's config (using older version of the softwares mentioned) provide a more specific outcome?
Default config was tested many times on many systems and we can guarantee what it must work without errors.

MAG79

well MAG79, in my case the default worked better as yanking stream links was no problem.

manually installing MPC-HC (w/ LAV filters now) the correct filters to play streaming content didn't work as smoothly as with just installing SVP's.

fohrums
Then just wait SVP 3.1.6. It will contain latest MPC-HC and internal LAV with right settings by SVP installer.

MAG79
perfect! can't wait smile

I currently use SVP Core and manually install the latest ffdshow + LAV + madVR + MPC-BE (as I don't want its built in LAV, I like installing/configuring my own version)