Topic: choose: decrease grid step or motion vectors precision

I can't choose both decrease grid step(by two with global refinemen ) or motion vectors precision(half pixel) at the same time. I don't know I should choose which one. Can anyone help me to decide? Because I don't really notice the differences…… I watch anime. Now my setting is 1.5m, 2 sharp(for anime), to screen refresh, 24 px.large, by two with global fefinemen, small and fast, one pixel, average, disabled, repeat frame disabled.(For 1080p anime)

2 (edited by Maken1 09-03-2014 02:21:55)

Re: choose: decrease grid step or motion vectors precision

hi, I vote to use Decrease grid step: Disable ( default ), this one is used with good cpus but say when and for what to use is long to explain from me. Now Ill go better for Motion vectors precision: Half pixel ( default ) all the time if your cpu can handle, if it no then try One pixel and if still you have performance drop then use Two pixels.
Keep this in mind all the time: maxed all some settings does not mean you will have all the best.. some settings don't need to be maxed.

Edit: If you post your pc specs, will make the recommendation better.

3 (edited by xmyfree 09-03-2014 02:35:13)

Re: choose: decrease grid step or motion vectors precision

My computer:i7 4700 HQ
                     HD4600 internal graphic card.

I can use half pixel or two with global refinemen without any frames dropped. I already tested it. Appreciate if you can give me a good setting for 1080p anime. wink
Also can you please post the address where I can find how Decrease grid step actually works. big_smile