Topic: SVPlight - Border Filling

The Youtube demonstration video for SVPlight indicates that the software can simulate ambilight/light bleed in the black borders of films that have an aspect ratio wider than your monitor. Since I imagine this is purely software based, is there a way to enable this feature for people who don't have the lightpack (etc) hardware connected?

Many thanks for your time (and congratulations for engineering brilliant software).

Re: SVPlight - Border Filling

Yes, sure

I can quote text from the main page:

SVP can also apply Ambilight-like effect to any playing video even with frame interpolation turned off.

Ah, thank you for this. I feel a bit silly now as I hadn't spied the 'Outer Lighting' menu option.

I still don't seem to be able to get it to work though. 'Fill Black Bars Only' doesn't do anything while the other two seem to extend the picture - but only outside of the video i.e. not within the actual video frame.

Example, 'Full lighting' results in this:
http://i57.tinypic.com/jsm0t1.jpg

Is the software supposed to be able to occupy the black bar area too or is it intended that any video files used with the software already have the black borders cropped out?

Klopek
it intended that any video files used with the software already have the black borders cropped out?

correct
there's a "Frame crop" menu for this task wink
also in the upcoming update (ver.3.1.6) we'll add auto-crop feature

Sorry about that, I'm quite hopeless. Another feature that was right in front of my face the whole time!

Fantastic news about an upcoming auto-crop feature.

Thanks again.