1 (edited by xmyfree 19-02-2014 23:41:28)

Topic: screen selection problem

I use SVP to watch anime instead of Madvr, it actually works very well and very smoothness. I really like it because i finally can notice the difference when using this sort of stuff.(Sorry for bad my eyes, i can't notice the image quality really improved when using Madvr…… sad ) But now i got a problem, SVP seems like identify my screen as 1536*864, but my screen solution is 1920*1080(i played video on fullscreen). Please see the pictures below. I don't know if this matters.Also i have a quick question, should i use uniform(max smoothness) or 1.5m for watching 1080p anime?

Post's attachments

2014-02-19 18 08 48.png, 17.97 kb, 408 x 190
2014-02-19 18 08 48.png 17.97 kb, 400 downloads since 2014-02-19 

2014-02-19 18 12 40.png 34.86 kb, 149 downloads since 2014-02-19 

2014-02-19 18 13 53.png 38.97 kb, 156 downloads since 2014-02-19 

Re: screen selection problem

xmyfree
It is because of enabled zoom in your Win 8 system.
Try to view test 1080p video with thin lines (width=1 pixel). If lines become unsharp then zoom is bad for picture quality.
If lines stay sharp with SVP then don't pay attention to wrong screen size.

Thanks. Can you please tell me where i can get video with thin lines or i should make one? or can i just disable zoom in win8?

Try this file: 1080p - 29.97 fps - VBR, 16 mbps - (29 MB)
I take it from topic HD 1080i Test Pattern to determine Vector Adaptive Deinterlacing + others icl. Ticker

And yes. You can just disable zoom in Win8 if it not matter to you.

P.S. madVR do nothing to picture quality if you view 1080p video on 1080p screen. madVR improves quality only when picture (up/down)scaling from one size to another.

Oops~It's not sharp when playing. Is the zoom in you said the pinch zoom?

To avoide resize inside SVP you need to change in SVP profile settings window: Decrease frame size: Disabled.
If it will not help then disable zoom in win8: Control panel - Appearance and Personalization - Display - Change the size of all items - Smaller, 100%

Have you touchscreen?

I tried what you said, Control panel - Appearance and Personalization - Display - Change the size of all items - Smaller, 100%, THISWORKS!!! You are awesome! But just now i'm trying to zoom in my firefox…… big_smile

Maybe win8 zoom and SVP can live together. I will look what we can do for it.

10 (edited by xmyfree 20-02-2014 01:37:03)

Now my solution is i created a shortcut of "display"(Control panel - Appearance and Personalization - Display )(right click display in control panel and create a shortcut, put it on desktop)(or put it on metro screen*for windows 8). When watching video, click that and adjust the size. It makes much easier.

Now i think SVP probably isn't affected by screen solution in display, i just compared the test video(1080p - 29.97 fps - VBR, 16 mbps ) differences in two screen solution modes, i feel they are really the same hmm

Thank you. I checked zoom on win7. It works the same manner as in win8.
So. There is no picture distortion when zoom is enabled.
SVP profile must be customized: change Decrease frame size setting to Disabled value.

http://www.svp-team.com/forum/misc.php?item=3030

You can use zoom in win7/win8 and use SVP without worry about wrong detected screen size.

Post's attachments

Decrease_frame_size_Disabled.png, 21.94 kb, 451 x 481
Decrease_frame_size_Disabled.png 21.94 kb, 406 downloads since 2014-02-19 

Second (Better!) solution - is to help SVP to detect screen resolution correctly. In addition it makes all SVP fonts and elements sharp.
Solution from article How to Make the Windows Desktop Work Well on High-DPI Displays and Fix Blurry Fonts

http://www.svp-team.com/forum/misc.php?item=3031

You need to make two steps:
1. Disable display scaling to SVP Manager application: go to c:\Program Files (x86)\SVP folder - right click on SVPmgr icon - Properties - Compatibility - check option Disable display scaling on high DPI settings - OK
2. Enlarge font size in SVP: SVP tray menu - Information - Hidden settings - find and change setting 'HFont=96' to 'HFont=125' or something you like - close and save - Exit SVP Manager and run it again

Post's attachments

correct_screen_size_&_sharp_font.png, 17.3 kb, 886 x 220
correct_screen_size_&_sharp_font.png 17.3 kb, 389 downloads since 2014-02-19 

Thank you! You are right. It works correctly. wink