Topic: Black frame insertion feature ?

Hi everyone, i'm wondering if it would be tecnically possible to add a "black frame" insertion feature, in order to simulate the modern tv backlight scan.
Assuming i have a 120hz monitor, would be great if i would be able to use svp at 120fps with half of them as black frame, i'm sure the smoothing would be great.
Do you think we will have a chance to get this feature in the future ?
thanks

Re: Black frame insertion feature ?

How is it better than true 120 hz interpolation?

well, 120fps interpolation with svp is a no go for me, maybe with very low settings, i have an overclocked Xeon w3540 at 4.2ghz and i can run 60fps just fine, but for 120hz i think i need last generaton cpu and maybe i need to overclock too.
about blur 120hz monitors are good but there is still a significant blur, if you have a 120hz monitor you can have a look at www.testufo.com.

i have an asus vg248qe that has a backlight scan feature (lightboost) and the difference on testufo is huge if i turn the backlight strobo on, i haven't tested much with svp yet but i think that the black frame insertion would add even more smooth for users that doesn't have backlight scan feature, maybe i'm missing something ?

In case of "GPU acceleration" enabled there's no big difference in CPU usage / requirements for 60 and 120 fps target - it's GPU limited and any middle-low range GPU can handle it.

Technically it's a trivial task to add black frames but I'm still not convinced it's useful smile