Topic: Maxed Out

http://i1271.photobucket.com/albums/jj623/jeffr15/SVP_zps31428157.png

My system is running a i7-4770K (not overclocked) 3.9 Ghz max turbo and a Zotac 760Amp edition video card.

Even with that, SVP complains that the system is running out of steam _ the CPU is running near 100%.

So my question is when does one need "6 px. Small" 2 as a setting ? The 4770k can be over-clocked to 4.2 and I have even rad that some are pushing it 4.7 Ghz.

Or what sort of video card will it take to run the settings you see in the screen shot ? (the screen shot was not taken on the i7 4770k machine, but just for forum purposes)

Thanks !   smile

Re: Maxed Out

Jeff R 1
So my question is when does one need "6 px. Small" 2 as a setting ?

Possible answers are:
1. "when he/she will know why he/she need it"
2. "noone knows why but this option's just exists"
3. "don't bother just ignore it"

Choose wisely (c) big_smile

3 (edited by Jeff R 1 06-01-2014 02:11:33)

What a smarty-pants...   wink   smile

I've read elsewhere that there is little point in going below 12px for this setting.

However, my own observations, at least with Intel integrated graphics, is that CPU soon becomes the determining factor.

Basically, I've observed my graphics card load being pretty minimal and only CPU load rising as this and other settings are made more intensive.

Maybe different graphics card can assume some of this processing, I don't know, but certainly in my setup I haven't observed more than about 15% load on the Intel HD graphics 5000 IGP.

It would be interesting to know whether other graphics cards make more use of SVP.

oviano
My GPU is working even if the processor is almost maxed out. HWMonitir shows a rise in temperature to 52 degrees for the video card. The NVIDIA control panel is set to favor the GPU, although it doesn't seem to matter if I leave it at automatic or CPU.