Topic: DVD menu artifacts

Yes Root / Title Menu DVD driving me nuts !!

When loading dVd through official channel i.e CTRL+D = directory or Open Disc i always get stuck 9 out of 10 Tries ... YES LITTERALLY 9 out of 10 times it FAiLS to play Nice  big_smile ...
EVEN WHILE SVP IS DISABLE PRIOR TO MPC launch ...

Example: ↓ mad  mad  mad

http://s9.postimg.org/lfbbu1xez/nuts_nuts_nuts.jpg

Either an FFDshow issue in the first place or SVP issue... dunno if it woud matter to try out FFDshow builds one by one  back to revision 2xx or  not mad  !!!

Sigh,...

Re: DVD menu artifacts

Metagondria
Where your DVD can be downloaded?

MAG79 wrote:

Metagondria
Where your DVD can be downloaded?

SerIOUs...ly?

Do u expect from me i start to upload an whole dvd-9 disk from proximately 8+GB  hmm  !!!!!!

I have showed u clearly the biggest and meanest issue by that pictar up ↑ there !!

This BLACK SCREEN IS ALWAY'S HAPPENING ON EPISODE DVD DISCS ,  and very seldom on movie discs ...!!!

That ↑ black screen is pulling the last of my mohican hairs out  mad

→  mad  FFdshow = NOSHOW  mad ←... seriousleee...  mad

Metagondria
Do u expect from me i start to upload an whole dvd-9 disk from proximately 8+GB
i can upload 8GB disk in ~20 minutes  lol

Metagondria
Upload this DVD with menu only if you can.
I can't help you with your problem without this video source. Picture is not enough for issue solving.

Chainik wrote:

Metagondria
Do u expect from me i start to upload an whole dvd-9 disk from proximately 8+GB
i can upload 8GB disk in ~20 minutes  lol

uhuh.. thats alright.. mkay.. we have deal.. u do the upload mkay...

just upload any dvd disc from the tv serie voyager (pal here) or ntsc ,  the region will probebly make no difference..

And especialy the language menu is an nuincance ...  mad  mad  mad

So.. MAG79 ..  Chains.. will upload it in just 20 min .. woud u believe that  lol

Me doing it .. woud take probebly errm....well lets see... atleast an couple hours or so...  tongue

ok,  MAG79 and something else... u have the picture for one.. and iam telling you.. it happends every time at the language menu...  uhuh..

ermm.. and if chains dont have the disc or wont upload it..i

I can compress the disk to dvd 5 and remove the episodes uhuh .. that woud do the trikc

aS its only the menus u need to see at work ehh.. not the episode.. that woud make an difference of lets say... 8 + Gigantic bytes  yikes

Also, it doesn do it all the time..  so weird..   sometimes i get to see the menu just fine like 10/10  while next i cant see anything on 9/10 attempts !!!
so...

I can tell u when i just use mpc-hc , i.e no external filters no svp no nothing... just mpc the menus play all nice .. not even blue sticky boxes over the menu buttons and so on and on...

I'll keep u posted if anything has changed...

Metagondria
any dvd disc
I have some DVD. But I don't need it. I need your DVD with your "GRRR".

8 (edited by Metagondria 30-12-2013 02:44:38)

UPdate (important)  big_smile :  i won't burden chains with the task that is bestowed upon me  neutral   .. 

So... in an nutshell.  I have stripped the movie disc leaving just the menus intact as per request, and i have done just that..

I have wrapped the package in sparkling gift paper for upload ..  here you are  big_smile  → https://www.mediafire.com/?61xp6ika6fxv1d8

But even so... the package wrapped wheighs only 104 MB ... package unwrapped can wheigh easily twice as much...inlike 180+MB or so..
Just an friendly word of caution .. so you dont run out of space unexpectedly !!!

i guess. best things comes in small packages eehhh  big_smile

Now MAG79, iam curious how u will solve this puzzle...  and please.. dont fall for it.. cuz the menu can play nice and show you what u want to see for an loong time.. and SUdden BOOM → black sCreen of death ← scenario !!
So, HEED MY WORDS.. → dont be fooled for a second ...

And you may press the following keys allot .. CTRL+C... CTRL+D and again.. CTRL+C , CTRL+D and ... well.. u got the big pictar i gather..

Succes my benevolent developer

I await ur findings..

cherriepoppers,
metagondria

Metagondria
Good. I will look at this DVD this evening.

MAG79 wrote:

Metagondria
Good. I will look at this DVD this evening.

Thats all i need to read from ya  neutral  (metagondria is holding fingers acrossed..).

cherriepoppers,

MPC-HC can play this DVD perfectly as WinDVD if one make these setup:
1. Turn off HW Deinterlace in LAV Video Decoder. It causes disappear of labels and chapter numbers.
2. Disable ffdShow load when playing. It causes color bars over selected regions.

These changes makes impossible SVP use with such DVDs. I think we need to search another ffdShow version without color bars. And I need at least one chapter at this DVD to teach SVP to differ animated menu from real play. It can be used to make auto-disable smoothing option on DVD menus.

12 (edited by Metagondria 30-12-2013 19:28:45)

MAG79 wrote:

MPC-HC can play this DVD perfectly as WinDVD if one make these setup:
1. Turn off HW Deinterlace in LAV Video Decoder. It causes disappear of labels and chapter numbers.
2. Disable ffdShow load when playing. It causes color bars over selected regions.

These changes makes impossible SVP use with such DVDs. I think we need to search another ffdShow version without color bars. And I need at least one chapter at this DVD to teach SVP to differ animated menu from real play. It can be used to make auto-disable smoothing option on DVD menus.

First off, turning off/on HW deinterlacing doesnt make ANy DIFFERENCE AT  ALL i repeat TURNING OFF HW dEinterlacing DOES NOT MAKE ANY difference at all maggie ..  i have tested that with all sorts of different settings in Lav video decoder .. 
Settings such as collor output, decoding, yes and even Deinterlacing → MODE set to Progressive = Disabled !!!!!

Tis all of no USE !!!  What DOES MAKE AN DIFFERENCE and i have told u that T0_0 before , is when i use MPC-HC whitout the bells and whistles such as using MPC+FFdshow+SVP in tandem .. 
Only and the lonely when i JUST USE MPC-HC ALONE then i dont experience any menu navigation headaches !!!

Again, lIke i have mentioned BEFORE.. indeed → Windvd ← which i have used many many years before i start to use mpc-hc for dvd playback NEVER EVER EVARRr gave me problems with menu's or navigation !!  l

And ofcourse MPC play nice too.. i have mentioned that too didnt i...   BUT and i have told tO_o , THAT THAT PESKY → FFDShow ← is = NOshow and IS causing all of this in the first place !!!!

Serious... leee !!!

I did found out all those pointers myself you gave me maggie !!!!!?!? 

But the thing is , if i can't use FFDshow for video playback (just to workarround that pesky menu issue)   I CANNOT USE SVP ASWELLL !!!!!!   AS IN SVP ONLY Works WITH FFdshow for crying out LOUD !!!!

You SEE the problem up ↑ there  roll  roll to which i kind of hoped u had an answer for !!!

Ah.. nuts....

Hey, Metaman, you really don't need to cry so loud here.
And please use full nick names next time - it's as easy as clicking "quick quote" link.

This's the last warning regarding your "writing style". Thanks for understanding.

Chainik
You read mine thoughts.

Metagondria
I did found out all those pointers myself
Good. My post confirms your pointers.

I need at least one chapter at this DVD to teach SVP to differ animated menu from real play

Chainik wrote:

Hey, Metaman, you really don't need to cry so loud here.
And please use full nick names next time - it's as easy as clicking "quick quote" link.

This's the last warning regarding your "writing style". Thanks for understanding.

First of ... you can do whatever you pleases whitout my account for what iam about to say..i dont care because i have been nothing but helpfull to you ppl.

Second, i only wish remembering some one's nick wos as easy as pushing an button and making quotes... 
That said, quotes are copy/past automatically , so i dont have to spellcheck the nicks.

Iam bad at remembering names so i choose the lesser of the two evils and make the best out of it by complementing   cool  ..

So, dont think any more of it!!

As for the warning!!

Did i honestly offended u by writing in bold or italic sir/mam?

Wow, ur easily offended i gather...   I have used bold/italic to emphasize something to make it clear to you that you are running in circles here going nowhere fast regarding the problem i have described about ffdshow..

Yes, isnt that what those write styles are for anyway???  To make a point / statement ?

This not as if i called you or anyboddy else an "FAT BASTARD"  did i  ???

I mean, what nonesense is this all of a sudden !!

MAG79 wrote:

Chainik

Good. My post confirms your pointers.

I need at least one chapter at this DVD to teach SVP to differ animated menu from real play

Well.. good = so so...   i mean, i expected atleast an work arround or sollution to my problem you know  hmm

Meaning, i dont need you to confirm that which iam very well are aware off !!

And as for ur your request for another upload (chapter) let me think about this one  hmm  .

Cuz it seems no good deed goes unpunished  hmm 

but thanks anyway

cherriepoopers,

Metagondria

We need respect. But I don't see it. It is first of all simple sentences without flood. Your messages are full of flood. I ask you to stop flood and offtopic.
We do not need to know your opinion or your thoughts. Just issue description and facts.

i expected atleast an work arround or sollution to my problem you know
You are wrong. I help only if I want it. I need your assistance to continue.

DVD menu + one (first) short chapter

17 (edited by Metagondria 03-01-2014 08:56:18)

Firstly, i"ll try to be as brief as possible  yikes

MAG79 wrote:

We need respect. But I don't see it.

And you alway's had my respect and still have !  Else i woudnt be fort comming and shared tons of video material to help u perfect ur project.
I even have donated funds → even before i have thoroughly tested this piece of software i might add!

So, i just don't see the connection between respect and a nick misspelled or my "detailed write style" and just ← that!!

Maybe u need glasses  cool ,  A PINK and a → colorFULL one too while ur at it..
          This either that ↑ or take an CHILL PILL  i'dd say..

Just an friendly word of advice .. → I MEAN NO HARM NOR DISRESPECT   hmm

MAG79 wrote:

It is first of all simple sentences without flood. Your messages are full of flood. I ask you to stop flood and offtopic.
We do not need to know your opinion or your thoughts. Just issue description and facts.

U call it flood , i call it beeing specific ... 

I just want to be as specific as possible here so that we have an mutual understand..  Can i yes?  wink
Btw, you have had ur say.. so its only fair i have my say about things too.  wheiter u like it or not..

MAG79 wrote:

i expected atleast an work arround or sollution to my problem you know
You are wrong. I help only if I want it. I need your assistance to continue.

DVD menu + one (first) short chapter

Well on that part we AGREE, only do whatever and whenever u like in life i alway's say.
Only thing is, i wish it wos THAT ↑ EASY..

But then again, i didnt want to spent hours re-authoring / uploading dvd's and writing/flooding → detailed post about it too.. Yet i did it anyway..   
Perhaps out of → respect ← for this project and the ppl behind it maybe. ...  just maybe  hmm

Oh .. before i forget..

An happy 2014 ..

Metagondria
i didnt want to spent hours re-authoring / uploading dvd's and writing/flooding
OK. Let it be.

Hello magic79,

I don't like to hold an grudge. 

So i suggest to put our differences aside an let bygones be bygones shall we  neutral ..

As per request, i have re-authored the animation menu + 1 chapter like u requested..  smile

I have made it easy for you and disabled all but 1 button from the main episode menu. 

Meaning, you only can pick only 1 button which is the right episode with that chapter i have stored for u  neutral

Here ↓ you are..  Knock yourself out  tongue

https://www.mediafire.com/?k3jwtk9nb384abs

p.s: keep me posted about ur findings .. wheiter it is bad or good that is of no importance to me smile

cherriepOOpers,

magic79

No magic here. It was your last typos. User profile is disabled. Contact site administrator.

Thank you for the file. I will look at it in due time.

I found version ffdShow that works without menu items high lightening bug. It is rev.2694 (or 2699 but not NV12 at input). It was made 5 years ago.

http://www.svp-team.com/forum/misc.php?item=2977 http://www.svp-team.com/forum/misc.php?item=2978

All newer versions of ffdShow have this high lightening bug. I think it is because of commit #2711:

Enable subpicture input pin even if "DVD decoding" is disabled. This fixes (part of?) YV12 decoding plus DVD menu high light issue.

But SVP supports ffdShow rev.3616 and newer. So SVP is incompatible with such old version of ffdShow.

I recommend to use WinDVD when you watching DVD. It has the best quality of smoothing of DVD. And no problem with DVD menu.
You need WinDVD 2010 version or older with old good 'Trimension All2HD' technology. Don't use WinDVD 11. It has worst smoothing technology 'Motion streamliner' I have ever seen.

Post's attachments

DVD_no_menu_bug.png, 110.67 kb, 784 x 706
DVD_no_menu_bug.png 110.67 kb, 545 downloads since 2014-01-11 

ffdShow_2699.png, 20.51 kb, 568 x 479
ffdShow_2699.png 20.51 kb, 483 downloads since 2014-01-11