Topic: [Help/QuickSync] Image degradation

Hi everybody,

First thanks and congrats on such a groundbreaking piece of software.
I am running SVP through MPC and XBMC successfully at the moment, which took me a while (the XBMC / Dsplayer part mostly). The interpolation works great, it's all good -- My setup is an Apple Mini, I installed SVP 3.1.5
I am having some serious problems with image degradation however and it seems to be related to the DXVA through QuickSync.

1) At first the image was very muddy and I had some artifcats at the top of the image with a green line and a jittery video, disabling the GPU Acceleration (OpenCL) in SVP solved that issue
2) The image currently seems to be very blurry still, I have played with the FFDShow settings of Quicksync to sharpen the image, it's a little better but still no good. I have read in a few forums that Quicksync can induce serious pixelization.

My questions are simple :
- how can I disable hardware acceleration, DXVA, Quicksync completely through the whole FFDShow / LAV / SVP chain ? I have disabled it in SVP and in LAV (Hardware decoder to use : None) but it still appears in FFDShow
- second question non related : where are the settings for the subtitle fonts with SVP ? The settings in FFDShow have no effect and I can't find it in LAV or SVP

Thanks very much in advance

Re: [Help/QuickSync] Image degradation

daw0lverine
green line and a jittery video
It is error related to old intel HD Graphics 4000 driver. You need to update this driver. Then you can use OpenCL acceleration in SVP without these image degradations.

The image currently seems to be very blurry
What image? What you are expect from it? What quality you get now? (screenshot)

where are the settings for the subtitle fonts with SVP ?
SVP works only with video stream. Subtitles are working separately and can be adjusted in Video splitter, Video rederer and in player's options.

Mac mini uses OS X Mavericks. Did you change it to OS Windows?

Re: [Help/QuickSync] Image degradation

Thank you for your answers, I updated the driver and the quality was better. I managed to fix the subtitles as well, so all good thanks !