Topic: MPC crashes when using it with SVP

So I downloaded the newest version (1.7.1 (9ae7b7c)) of MPC-HC. The instant SVP tries to smooth it just crashes. I did have to download the ffdshow raw video filter (?) myself and enable it because it wasn't listed previously. It does save a bug report, would that be helpful to anyone?

Re: MPC crashes when using it with SVP

JT!
Any error details?
Please copy and paste here. It will be usefull.

would that be helpful to anyone?
To you, in the first place.

MPC-HC terminated unexpectedly.....

Then I get a dmp file which I have no idea what to do with.

Seems to happen with every file. Sorry I can't provide any more info.

You can copy error info while error dialog appears. Ctrl-C
You can get all previous error in windows applications log: Right click my computer - Management - View events - Windows logs - Applications
You can include dmp-file to message here.

It is helpfull to you to get answer with advice.

5 (edited by JT! 17-12-2013 23:49:52)

Could it be a x64/x86 issue? I'm running the x64 version.

The error message literally just says what I put in my last post. I'll see what I can do with the dmp file.

JT!
Could it be a x64/x86 issue? I'm running the x64 version
SVP compatible to x86 players only

Ok, so now I've installed the x86 version, however now SVP is saying 'waiting for ffdshow video' even with the 'ffdshow raw video filter' added to the 'external filters list'.

Also when I right click on MPC and go to filters, ffdshow video does not show there.

Removed the filters folder from the MPC directory. SVP now works. smile

*solved*

10 (edited by Metagondria 19-12-2013 13:44:25)

JT! wrote:

So I downloaded the newest version (1.7.1 (9ae7b7c)) of MPC-HC. The instant SVP tries to smooth it just crashes. I did have to download the ffdshow raw video filter (?) myself and enable it because it wasn't listed previously. It does save a bug report, would that be helpful to anyone?

Indeed... i second that..

Mpc-hc can crahs multiple times in a row.. whitout receiving 1 error log from svp though !!

Proof ↓  roll

http://s9.postimg.org/s5rb86pfv/mpc_hc_x86_crash.jpg

Oh and mag.. talking about mpc-hc x64 compatiblity...  i like you to know that i dont have ANY DVD MENU navigation problems anymore.  But only when using → MPC X64bit though ...  big_smile
NO PROBLEM WHATSOEVER...

I.e... in the X86 version i had like Blue Square borders sticking on top of my buttons.... or other borders overlapping language menu Or wurse .. no text / numbers in menu buttons anymore !! etc ... etc...

But ... it seems the X64 is the way to go for dvd atleast...

Maybe a good thing that svp supports mpc.. or rather the other way arround...

i have noticed that Mpc X64 doesnt allow ffdshow as external filter whatsoever !!!

And its my understanding that SVP just doesnt work whitout the use of FFDShow .. or am i wrong !!?

11 (edited by Metagondria 19-12-2013 15:32:41)

MAG79 wrote:

JT!
Could it be a x64/x86 issue? I'm running the x64 version
SVP compatible to x86 players only

Errr.. mag .. how did you came to that conclusion?

I just have tested that theory of yours..;  And SVP indeed works with mpc-hc x64 ...   

But not when using default settings in mpc-hc !!  Also, you need the X64 ffdshow to be installed !!

Now about that nagging menu navigation in mpc...  it works splendid BUT ONLY when SVP and/or FFDshow is NOT used !!!

maybe more of an SVP/ffdshow issue then mpc-hc issue....

Oh and i just found out that the x64 mpc-hc indeed does play Bluray structures aswell tongue

Neat...

Just my 2cents to those who wish to use mpc x64 in an x64 enviroment (OS) ..

EDIT: aargH..  Mpc-hc x64 "works" in tandem with svp but only for the first minute or so.... after that it crashes "unexpectedly" !!!  Weird...  my bad... iam still in BETA mode/phase here  big_smile

Metagondria
Thank you for screenshot. It is ffdShow x64 error. I think because it is still unstable.
SVP have x86 libraries only. They work with avisynth x86 only. They load to ffdShow x86 only. And only Player x86 can use it.
Player x64 need x64 version for all of these components. So. SVP is incompatible to x64 players.

I just have tested that theory of yours..;  And SVP indeed works with mpc-hc x64
It is mistake. Try again. Take a closer look. SVP can't work with x64 player.

DVD menu problems depends on Video Splitter, Video Decoder and Video renderer. Find those that work correctly with your menu first. I think you can do it with player x86. If you want to use SVP it is the only way.

I have deleted your 'cherriepoppers'. It is flood here. Use it in the letters and don't use it in the forum messages.

Another observation. After installing the newest version of mpc (17th december) I used svptube to open a 1080* video and the buffering / only playing a few seconds issue had gone... still no sound though. However, it wasn't being smoothed because the lavfilters folder had been re installed. Once I disabled the lavfilters folder by renaming it, the buffering issue came back.

so it's not a video player but a splitter issue, I think  hmm

15 (edited by Metagondria 20-12-2013 12:05:26)

MAG..

From what u are saying i understand now that ffdshow x64 is not yet complete and by that i mean an unfinished project that is more like still in an beta stage... sort of speak

Yean... those menu navigation problems i have had gave me MIXED results indeed ...   True.. it all depends on the combination of filters + renderers too !!!  Yep .. its an mixed BAG of tricks  big_smile

But beside that ... SVP is on the right track to succeed in that which any other software player could NOT succeed !! Or not as good...   Although some players like from Arcsoft (media theatre) are close to get it right ... and smooth playback isnt bad either... but not as smooth as SVP ... AND they seem to strugggle with the same problem that SVP strugles .. namely that noise/artifacts → waves if you like .. surrounding people on panned scenes in movies you know ...

But that phenomenon is much much wurse in TMT in specific scenes from the movie !!!

cherriepoppers,
metagondria