Topic: Video playback hickup/tick in Sepcific scenes while SVP is turned on.

I have captured an scene from an movie while it is in SVP action...  To illustrate the slight spasm.. hickup i dont have while SVP is disalbed ..

And it almost looks like it have spasms some nerve ticks (stutter if you like) you know in that specific scene though ...

Though... during the most part of the movie i dont get to see those twists/ticks  ... and i especially turned of SVP to check and see if it wosnt an bad encode/disk ... but no... 

Turning of SVP did the trick, the scene played in 1 consistent line without hickups ... sort of speak...

No, i have checked for Dropped / delayed frames both 0-0 !!!

I wonder if there is 1 specific setting to counter measure that mayhap... its no big deal though.. it happends rarely ...

I have added the file to MY TUBE ... .ONLY HD READY resolution  watching it via youtube but the Original is 1080P Full HD..

Here you are ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY4jzElr2TY

And i will share the original 1080P file aswell... shortly...  Because youtube messes up the original vid files from others from the looks of it... Tis as if the clip shows spasms everywhere all over the body  watching it on "YOUTUBE" hmm  hmm

Mediafire file ↓

http://www.mediafire.com/watch/86157s9h … 0movie.mp4

Let me know what u found out brave ones tongue

Or better yet how to rectify that nuicance...

cherriepoppers
metagondria

Re: Video playback hickup/tick in Sepcific scenes while SVP is turned on.

Metagondria
Youtube is bad service to share 60 fps video. It can only 30 fps. And it always does reencoding with quality losses.
Mediafire I can download and watch only at home after 8 hours from now.

How did you capture this video?
Capture program usually make SVP performance worse.
Why you share not source but edited video?
Do you think you video editor keep video quality untouchable?

It is either SVP interpolation mode setting switched smoothness at scene changes or your system weakness.
I need to look at 60 fps captured video to clarify it.

3 (edited by Metagondria 17-12-2013 07:50:47)

MAG79 wrote:

Metagondria
Youtube is bad service to share 60 fps video. It can only 30 fps. And it always does reencoding with quality losses.
Mediafire I can download and watch only at home after 8 hours from now.

Yes mytube is an pita...

HUh... Dl from Mf after that longi!??  My video wos emediatly available for download though after i upped it !!

MAG79 wrote:

How did you capture this video?
Capture program usually make SVP performance worse.
Why you share not source but edited video?
Do you think you video editor keep video quality untouchable?

REst asure... i have captured it at desktop resolution (1080p) and the playback from that .mp4 file is very smooth despite the edit... atleast you can clearly see the ticks... in that specific scene...
I have used Fraps 3.5.99 (latest smile )

also, i use SSD drive to capture video materiall...  with like atleast 6 times more the speed then i had with my old hdd ... not to mention the acces times like 0.089 ms ... compared to my old hddd 14.xx ms !!!! FTW

MAG79 wrote:

It is either SVP interpolation mode setting switched smoothness at scene changes or your system weakness.
I need to look at 60 fps captured video to clarify it.

SErious...ly?  but how do u explain the 0 frame/delay drop ... and it only ocures at Specific timeframes from that movie  !!!!!
Also ... the profile is set aut by svp and doesnt exceed cpu load of maybe 20 - 30 right now!!

Thanks you

Metagondria
I just look at your video. So your video is killed by your video editor. Nothing interesting in 30 fps. Give me 60 fps or give me a source. It will be much better.

Is Fraps can capture 60 fps without frame drops?
I recommend to use NVIDIA ShadowPlay or Mirillis Action!. They have hardware acceleration of capturing at 60 fps FullHD.

I look to you profile You have AMD Radeon GPU so both utils are not for you. Sorry.

how do u explain the 0 frame/delay drop ... and it only ocures at Specific timeframes from that movie
It is simple. The source video and the algorithm give that result. I have algorithm but I don't have your source video.

5 (edited by Metagondria 17-12-2013 11:17:22)

MAG79 wrote:

Metagondria
I just look at your video. So your video is killed by your video editor. Nothing interesting in 30 fps. Give me 60 fps or give me a source. It will be much better.

Is Fraps can capture 60 fps without frame drops?
I recommend to use NVIDIA ShadowPlay or Mirillis Action!. They have hardware acceleration of capturing at 60 fps FullHD.

I look to you profile You have AMD Radeon GPU so both utils are not for you. Sorry.

how do u explain the 0 frame/delay drop ... and it only ocures at Specific timeframes from that movie
It is simple. The source video and the algorithm give that result. I have algorithm but I don't have your source video.

Hey mag... have you tried windows media player to watch my uploaded home made ?

It should start smooth and along the way it starts to stutter and not because of frame drops or video edit !!

But ... i will recreate it for you , cuz i dont have the original anymore... and share the original ..

Fraps does an nice job ...  FRaps reported steady framerates between 59 -60 constantly ...
Realy the vid cap looks just the same as the original mag !!?

but ill re upload the whole thing for you.... if you wish

EdIt: errr... the original captured file is like over 2 gigabytes !!!
So, it looks i have captured uncompressed video file mag... so, you cant have better then this me thinks!!

And i checked and load my working profile from the edited movie mag, and its recoded at 60fps too! !

ALso helpfull info to mention is that the hickup stutter starts at 00:00:13 - 00:00:15 seconds...

thanks

6 (edited by Metagondria 17-12-2013 11:31:38)

Yes... i just have checked and benched the original cut... its clocked at exact the same refresh rate SVP works... which is 60FPS → CONSTANT ← no dropps..
So i dont understand what u mean by "video killed"!!!

But then again, in the edit you cant see that which i watn you to see so clearly anymore .... the original is da best indeeed..
So... i'll recode it again trying other methods to get it as original as possible but with an MUCH MUCh smaller file size to upload it you see!!

EDIT:  uhuh... i have found a way to recode the large file AT → 60FPS ←  ... first edit wos indeed standard profile → 30fps ← pulldown i gather...   That's why you couldn't see those stutter / hickups that clearly anymore !!!

1 re edit comming up mag..

cheers

Metagondria
ill re upload the whole thing for you.... if you wish
I wish. It stay interesting to me.

i checked and load my working profile from the edited movie mag, and its recoded at 60fps too!
After download from Mediafire it has 30 fps only.
from MediaInfo:

General
Complete name                  : G:\Downloads\Metagondria\The spasm movie.mp4
Format                         : MPEG-4
Format profile                 : Base Media / Version 2
Codec ID                       : mp42
File size                      : 47.5 MiB
Duration                       : 44s 480ms
Frame rate mode                : Constant
Frame rate                     : 30.000 fps

the hickup stutter starts at 00:00:13 - 00:00:15 seconds
Ok. But I can say nothing when I see 30 fps video. I need 60 fps.

i'll recode it again
Please open it in MediaInfo and check if it 60 fps before upload.

Yes ...tis indeed 30fps the edit is....   but ill reup an 60fps encode mag

bear with me  big_smile

To be continued...

9 (edited by Metagondria 17-12-2013 12:00:46)

Mkay... pheww... lets recaputilate....

This ↓ edit is recoded at 59FPS (cant go higher ..).. but i have watched it and Tis as good as the Original in terms of smooth playback (appart from those spasms / ticks) ...
You clearly can see what i mean now... i even have made some directions where to look for during the video playback  smile

AGain, at play index 13 - 15 secs the mayham begins..... when swat team finest move up up up the ladder especially !!!

Here you go....
https://www.mediafire.com/?16o55ys3poxd7j6

Thank you for the supperb support

cherriepoopers,
metagondriac

Metagondria
i even have made some directions where to look
You are still not trust me wink

I downloaded video. 59 fps. Good. Lets look at it.

The cause of these ticks is flashes of light from police car.
SVP alrorithm thinks what it is scene change or very dynamic scene and switch from frame interpolating mode to frame blending.
You can avoid this by selecting Frame interpolation mode to Uniform instead of Adaptive.
And you can adjust internal parameter of scene change sensitivity: remove // before 'smooth.scene.limits.scene' and encrease its value in file override.js.

MAG79 wrote:

Metagondria
i even have made some directions where to look
You are still not trust me wink

I downloaded video. 59 fps. Good. Lets look at it.

Oh NOSE ... trust has nothing do to with it....

Else i wouldnt have done all these efforts to accommodate you  neutral

Yes, i like to be specific ... that it... my benevolent friend...

And yes,  like i said...; the new recode is as good as the original appart from the macroblocks...  but thats more of an bitrate thing then anything else;...

Well .. reduce an  2000+ megabyte capture to an measle 40+ megabyte isnt THAT BAD me like to think LoL..

Anyway... max smoothness is my goal .... and i alway's have used uniform mode.... but allas that didnt do the trick... neither did the other modes... lower specs...

But... ill try to change parameters... ... in avisynth setting i presume..?  or do i need to open an certain .js file  and change it ?

If so, how ... notepad?

thanks,

MAG79 wrote:

remove // before 'smooth.scene.limits.scene' and encrease its value in file override.js.

Errr... or... can't find the line "smooth.scene.limits.scene" anywhere in avs scripts !!?

probebly searching the wrong place !!!

input input johny 5 please mag...  big_smile

cherriepoopers,

too many words. don't hurry. think, try, google, then write... wink

C:\Program Files (x86)\SVP

You should see override.js there. Right click>Edit.

Delete the "//" and increase your value (got to test that out yourself since we have different systems and I don't really play films tongue)

16 (edited by Metagondria 17-12-2013 13:25:51)

MAG79 wrote:

too many words. don't hurry. think, try, google, then write... wink

uhuh... perhaps... not in that exact following order.. but i get the general idea...

Btw, found the overide.js file your refering too.. myself.... there is the setting you want me to change alright...
But errrrr...

To what vallue should i change it ... pretty please......

I probebly can find it using google... but why would i run in 360's circles repeatedly when i have established contact with you ... the master brain... who ought to knows what BEST..for all of us subjects

EDIT ... trying default vallue → 4000 = no go.... higher or lower ?

thank youuuu

17 (edited by Metagondria 17-12-2013 13:58:16)

NIcE.... higher vallues = SMOOTH AS A BABY's BUTTUCKS again  lol

Mission Accomplished..... so far... so good ....  hmm

And while i wos in the Zone i have fixed another issue i had ......  care to know what that wos tongue ..... 

THANK YOU → +1 (to both of you up there) .... YOU HAVE MY GRATITUDE ..... AND BOW.....  big_smile

cheerios...
metagondira

18 (edited by billyelliott 22-01-2014 13:11:34)

Thanks