1 (edited by Metagondria 15-12-2013 19:50:27)

Topic: Waved artifacts on DVD

Metagondria wrote:

On topic again....

... arround the edge of the characters in the movie i noticed almost like ghosting border you KNow.. like static noise arround them when they move especialy !!

Is there some setting to completely elliminate this... ?

I have noticed that EXACT same thing in Windvd tooo .. but only when using All2hd + DNM feature !!!

Here you are ↓ let me show ya an pictar... big_smile

This ↓ is an captured frame from the movie Elysium (dvd9)

http://s2.postimg.org/7ngwcri51/STrange_phenomenon.jpg

... Any idea how that works !?

Cherriepoopers,
metagondria

Umm this ↑↑ .....   Any ideas → or juicy settings to overcome this ..... ?

I have read somewhere, this is an common issue that can't be helped because of the kind of method svp uses currently .. and is programmed this way ... but just maybe...  theres a way to mask the problem with some filters / settings !!

Thanks in advance,
Cherriepoppers,
metagondria

Re: Waved artifacts on DVD

Metagondria
Any ideas

- increase "motion vectors grid" value

- use better sources  big_smile it's not a joke - sharper and clearer source leads to the better result

and DO NOT set all settings to "max" values unless you know what you're doing!

Chainik wrote:

Metagondria
Any ideas

- increase "motion vectors grid" value

- use better sources  big_smile it's not a joke - sharper and clearer source leads to the better result

and DO NOT set all settings to "max" values unless you know what you're doing!

= Done and Done  tongue

yeap...  i just have read your post / advise in another thread about some one else that had a similar prob>..
Back there you suggest to use framecrop by Four pixels ..

And indeed , its not totaly fixed by doing that .. but it looks much better now...

Thanks +1 ←  big_smile  chainsaw...

Wow.. forgive the alias.. Tis is a jigsaw week for me... watching All 7 of SAW movies back ... and in Smooth motion enhancement + sharpening in ffdshow = KEWL looking  lol

Again... if your project keeps evolving...

I might have to sponsor you again  big_smile

Thanks again..

cheers
metagondria

Metagondria
chainsaw
it's more like "kettle" in Russian  big_smile

Metagondria
you suggest to use framecrop by Four pixels
It is only part of solution. In your case you need to use 'Frame crop - Custom' to completely remove black borders.

Can you make your display to show 72 Hz instead of 60 Hz? It will be more smooth and artifactless than at your screenshot. It will use integer smooth factor 3: 24 fps * 3 = 72 fps. All original frames will be shown.

After look at screenshot I think you change something in profile settings. Please reset your profiles to standard one. It makes minimum artifacts for DVD resolution.

6 (edited by Metagondria 16-12-2013 02:39:17)

MAG79 wrote:

Metagondria
you suggest to use framecrop by Four pixels
It is only part of solution. In your case you need to use 'Frame crop - Custom' to completely remove black borders.

Can you make your display to show 72 Hz instead of 60 Hz? It will be more smooth and artifactless than at your screenshot. It will use integer smooth factor 3: 24 fps * 3 = 72 fps. All original frames will be shown.

After look at screenshot I think you change something in profile settings. Please reset your profiles to standard one. It makes minimum artifacts for DVD resolution.

yes.. the refresh of my monitor is another weird thing going on....

ccc center reports highest refresh rate of 70ghz but i can only select 60 ... even if i turn on unsupported refresh rates for my hdtv.. i only get the option to select 60 at most !!!

Regardless of what driver .. beta or final stable release ... it keeps unchanged !!!
But then again, i use an HDMI 1.4a cable instead of VGA .... maybe thats why i cant go any higher !!!

I have an vga cable somewhere ... i will test this theory of mine..

Furthermore ... iam playing pal material most of the time!! that is like 25 x 2= 50hz = pal... and iam already on an refresh rate of 60... which is way smoother then 50 for sure...
no.. its perfectly smooth as it is... its just that noise surrounding the people in playback that needs to be tuned !!

By "change in profile" ... do u mean the profile in SVP manager... ?
And by "artifacts" i asume u are refering to the wave lenght noise surround poeple and not macroblocks in → Low Bitrate ← movies  big_smile

Cuz that was an screenie of untouched DVD-9 movie Elysium..

I have not changed much in the svp video profiles ... except for frame interpolation = uniform max smoothness...
all other settings is default except for the frame crop and that 1 setting in video profiles..

i also have tried to change motion vector grid to large 32 px and this seems to nullify the noise almost completely ... but the image stutters again .. and isnt as smooth anymore... so i rather choose for max frame interpolation instead...

I have resseted the profles once to let svp choose the right settings more or less.
And thats what i use , except for the frame interpolation.. that i like to have on max velocity  big_smile   

but i know what you trying to say.. and i have used the default settings at first..
I always use the default settings first when i try something new... but because of a few issue like this one now, i have started to experiment with it ..  I only make changes when its neccesarry to try and enhance experience...

thanks for your thoughts,

cheerios,
metagondria

Metagondria
If you using TV via HDMI as computer monitor then 60 Hz is a maximum.
Good alternative is 50 Hz mode for PAL: 25 fps *2 = 50 fps. I can say 50 Hz is close to 60 Hz by smoothness. But much better by artifactless. Try it.

Artifacts - I mean SVP smoothing artifacts: halo-artifacts, waved artifacts, doubling and tripling objects artifacts, jerky objects artifact.
Profile settings - settings in SVP profile settings window.

frame interpolation = uniform max smoothness...
all other settings is default except for the frame crop

It is good. It must give artifacts a little, but not so many as at your screenshot.

Can you cut and share short sample video (5-10 sec) with scene shown at your screenshot?

MAG79
Can you cut and share short sample video (5-10 sec) with scene shown at your screenshot?

indeed 30-40sec sample video with 25-35sec before scene on screenshot for SVP enabled

9 (edited by Metagondria 16-12-2013 09:35:09)

@Mag79

playback in 50hz mode is pretty much the same as in 60hz maybe slightly lesss...  Same amount of artifacts, same smoothness.. 
On top of that .. i realy dont want to set my desktop on 50hz because 50Hz isnt that SMOOTH anymore in games ... whereas 60 fps is → smooth as silk ←  big_smile

So no, i think i leave it on 60hz..

Yeah, iam happy with the developers suggestions... ie using frame crop did help much ...

Let me show yall pictar from before and after frame cropping tongue

B4 ↓  hmm

http://s27.postimg.org/bg4mg6xq7/Before_noise_enhancements.jpg

And After ↓ cool
http://s29.postimg.org/uofnc8wur/noise_example_2.jpg

The quality is an lil less me thinks using framecropp but ... iam fine with that kind of comprimise.... 

err.... do you want me to capture an piece of vid to analyse the noise or → smoothnes ←  .. cuz i dont think you'll see the same smooth vid watching my captured example !!

thanks anyway,
cheers

Metagondria
So no, i think i leave it on 60hz
It is your own business wink

using frame crop did help much
Nice. Congratulations!

About sample. I ask you not about capture. I told about cutting DVD without reencodig. It is needed if you want help in additional advices to increase smoothing quality to this video.

11 (edited by Metagondria 16-12-2013 20:10:55)

MAG79 wrote:

About sample. I ask you not about capture. I told about cutting DVD without reencodig. It is needed if you want help in additional advices to increase smoothing quality to this video.

Ah i see, you want me to cut an piece out strait from the original video material and not an captured piece while seeing svp in action !!  But then, you will be watching the original content of my video movie and not see the actualy MPC+SVP playback you understand?

i dont get that ..; how will you know where to look for in SVP , with only a raw portion of my dvd collection  tongue

Thanks for all the pointers ..

cheers..

Metagondria
you will be watching the original content of my video movie and not see the actualy MPC+SVP playback you understand?
It was my aim. To fing best SVP setting for this episode. I can repeat your SVP settings and I can improve them. wink

how will you know where to look for in SVP
I will. Trust me smile

MAG79 wrote:

how will you know where to look for in SVP
I will. Trust me smile

Uhuh ... hmmkay... well then.... 

There's realy nothing left for me to do beside to trust you.... 

IN MAG79 WE TRUST    cool

14 (edited by Metagondria 17-12-2013 14:23:17)

ERr.... also.... i have noticed you have moved an portion of my topic to another wave lenght !!!

Errr Mag.... is there a way to select engrish over here .. cuz the subsections of this forum is all in RUSSIAN..  Yep its RUSSION !!!

My profile settings is set to ENGRISH though !!

Metagondria
subsections of this forum is all in RUSSIAN... My profile settings is set to ENGRISH
I will ask our site admin about it.

Thank YOU → +1  big_smile

Metagondria
give me a screenie

Chainik wrote:

Metagondria
give me a screenie

Screenie ... of ... (drumroll)...?

cool  tada... !

Metagondria
He ask a screenshot of "subsections of this forum is all in RUSSIAN"

MAG79 wrote:

Metagondria
He ask a screenshot of "subsections of this forum is all in RUSSIAN"

Sure.. No problem... Here → http://s27.postimg.org/jgmjs593z/subsection_screenie.jpg

Forgive me for asking, but dont you know how the site looks like by now  big_smile

cheers,

Metagondria
I look at your screenshot. Three sub-forums in Russian is normal. It must be so: SVP is soft from Russia. wink

22 (edited by Metagondria 18-12-2013 07:51:57)

MAG79 wrote:

Metagondria
I look at your screenshot. Three sub-forums in Russian is normal. It must be so: SVP is soft from Russia. wink

I knew it.. somehow... i thought as much..... something about this site wos an WEEEE bit TOoo russion ...

AFTER ALL......  the screen tells it all ... TIS What it IS ... → TIS RUSHSION ← hour.. big_smile