Topic: How can i display the movie on my TV and keep working on my laptop?

I have a GeForce GTX 770m which I connect to my TV via HDMI cable

can I like watch the movie on my TV while continue to work on my laptop? sort of like a split output that is independent?

how to do this if it's possible?

Re: How can i display the movie on my TV and keep working on my laptop?

http://www.pcworld.com/article/259794/h … ows_8.html

Scroll down to NVidia.

When your done and have both screens working, just open your video, move the player window into the new screen and make it fullsize there. MOve your mouse back to your laptop screen and continue working.

wowww! thanks a lot man! that worked like a charm thanks to your precise instructions! I would have never figured it out if you didn't tell me about moving the video to the 2nd screen

There was special "theater" mode in video drivers in the past but now it's dropped afaik  hmm

5 (edited by Metagondria 14-12-2013 21:17:55)

Matrix Leader wrote:

I have a GeForce GTX 770m which I connect to my TV via HDMI cable

can I like watch the movie on my TV while continue to work on my laptop? sort of like a split output that is independent?

how to do this if it's possible?

Hi matrix leader,

I think i can help u there !!

When i work on video processing i often gets distracted by popup windows while i wos surfing in the meanwhile you know ... because of the many tasks running in the background..
So, i have found an NEAT application that manages and creates virtual desktops ....

It works as follows, when you install that app you ought to use ALT+1, 2 , 3 etc... keys to create multiple virtual desktops....

So doing that will maybe help you in your goal to watch 2 seperate things while connected to other displays...

Now, i have already this kind of extended desktop feature using Catalyst Center software (ati/amd user here !)...
But despite all these neat feautures that ati/amd introduces ... i still got bugged by pop ups screens while iam surfing or doing other things because of those batch/tasks i do for video processing in the background...µ

So, for that purpose i mentioned DESKTOPS utility is very very good ....

Just not sure, if it will work so good aswell for the thing you need!!

HERE's DA LINK  http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysi … 17881.aspx wink   pretty please
Let me know how it turned out ...