1 (edited by Fanty1972 18-11-2013 06:37:23)

Topic: Shader 23 and tearing test = doubling the lines?

I just realised that with Shader 23, the lines of a "tearing test" are somewhat doubled for me.

With SVP build in "tearing test" there is one line, moving softly and another one right beside the other one wich frequently shows and disapears.

when I use the MPC-HC "tearing test" both lines have blinking copies in more distance to the main ones than in SVP (maybe because the speed is higher).

Is thi because of the masking that this shader uses? Could it be that it also affects the images of the video? I ask this because I still wonder if shader 23 has anyhting "bad" (besides needing more render power) compared to the standart shader.

Hmm

Re: Shader 23 and tearing test = doubling the lines?

Can you give a screenshot?

MAG79 wrote:

Can you give a screenshot?

Hmm... I cant capture the effect on a screenshot.  hmm

Maybe I try to take a picture with a digicam later, but not right now, I need to drive somewhere now.

4 (edited by Fanty1972 18-11-2013 08:59:48)

Ok, here are 2 shoots (on one image) from a beamer picture on the wall, which show the effect:

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/7879/y96v.jpg

One pair of lines is stable, the other pair of lines comes and goes (left picture shows it half disapeared)

Fanty1972
1. can you make a short video for a 5-10 seconds, please?
2. is this "bug" appears only on the 23shaider?
3. did you try to change videorender: madvr, evrcp?
4. what is your hardware: cpu/gpu/mb/ram/ssd/hdd/etc

6 (edited by Fanty1972 18-11-2013 13:43:58)

Rimsky wrote:

Fanty1972
1. can you make a short video for a 5-10 seconds, please?

I made one (only 4 sec) but then I realised that I cant show you. I deleted my Youtube account after Google made that Google+ crap and all. wink

2. is this "bug" appears only on the 23shaider?

Simple Lite, Simple and Complicated. Not in the others.

3. did you try to change videorender: madvr, evrcp?

ok, the bug is visible with EVR-CP. It DID NOT seem to to show up in madVR, though I dont know if the FPS was right (MPC was at 116 and stil raising it slowly towards 120, something I only have with madVR, not with EVR)
The line is also not as calm as with EVR-CP and "standart" shader.

4. what is your hardware: cpu/gpu/mb/ram/ssd/hdd/etc

A Asus G75 "Republic of Gamers" laptop in the 3D edition, buyed about 1 year ago.
i7@3,2Ghz
NVIdia GTX 670M (3GB)
8GB RAM
System (Win 7 64Bit) on SSD HD
120Hz 3D Display (1080p) ----alternative: Acer HD5360 Beamer (120Hz, 3D capable, 720p), NVidia 3D Glasses

I just realised, its NOT happening at 60Hz, only above (3x, 4x or to 120Hz)

EDIT:
Oh and.... something else seems wrong:
While testing around, MPC crashed and after it, SVP wont work anymore (There is no function called ....) had to reinstall SVP to make it work again. Thats the second time that this happend to me, since I use it (several weeks). Hmm.

Fanty1972
I cant show you. I deleted my Youtube account
Youtube is not good idea. Best way to share your video without any changes. Use Mediafire service for example.

its NOT happening at 60Hz, only above (3x, 4x or to 120Hz)
Some renderers has problem with output above 60Hz. 3D displays has some trick features to work at high refresh rates.
I use LAV splitter, LAV Decoder and madVR or EVR renderer and single display desktop mode to view video at 120Hz display with ideal smoothness.
In usual way you need to change framerate by SVP to your refreshrate and use ReClock to avoid jerking of video. Look to moves of tearing test line.

@MAG
Hmm. Its the same for me with the excepton Haali for splitter (its the MPC setup from the SVP installation)

I think one cant see anything special in the video anyways. Its 24FPS (filmed with a photocamera actually) and had to long shuttertime (one can see 6 lines in each frame)

Strange thing is anyways, I fail to see this effect in the movie itself somehow. Well ok, most things move not as fast as the MPC tearing testline.
The SVP Test line moves slower, wich results in the second (showing and vannishing) overlapping with the main one about 50%

Whats your opinion about shader 23 compared to shader 13 anyways?

Fanty1972
Did you test your monitor with dynamic resolution tests? Did you see many contours at your display without SVP?

I like SVP shader 13 for its artifacts free picture.

MAG79 wrote:

Fanty1972
Did you test your monitor with dynamic resolution tests? Did you see many contours at your display without SVP?

I dont even know what dymanic resolution is.  wink

The display has something "strange" called "Lightboost technology", wich is meant to lose less brishtness with 3D. Dont know if this has any backside.

Tests in magazines claimed the display aswell as the GPU the best avaible for mobile mashines (middle of 2012). They complained about the sound (really crappy compared to my former laptops, well with external speakers its kind of ok), the weight (8kg) and the low battery capacity (60 minutes idle, 30 Minutes if doing demanding things)

But I anyways have this problem with laptopdisplay aswell as beamer and it does not show up with madVR (wich I wanted to avoid because even in lower than default settings I get framedrops at 120Hz with it, what I dont get with EVR)
Kind of funny. One has framedrops but a perfect testline and the other had 0 Framedrops but this doubling testline... sigh. And and lets not forget that Shader 13 doesnt have the problem aswell. (11,21 and 23 show it)

I like SVP shader 13 for its artifacts free picture.

Hmm ok. At the moment I am unsure about the two. I was satisfied with 13 until I tried to rewatch Battlestar Galactica with it. BSG is full of anoying artefacts (space scenes are ok, but anything else... haha), really so far I dont know anything else that causes SPV to freak out so much as BSG. I blame the concept of "let us make the show look like a random guy filmed all this with his smartphone camera" (maybe plus Parkinson illness). The forrest scenes on Kobol apeared almost unwatchable (forrest background, scene chance every 1 or 2 seconds and shaking the camera like mad  mad  ). Shader 23 eased the pain with those. It cleary did better.

But I frequently watched other things (not BSG so far) with 13 again and sometimes had the feeling that it looks better than what I am used to (23).  hmm

Fanty1972
what dymanic resolution is
It is set of tests of TV. In two words it is some objects or grids moved at the screen with constant speed.
You can use for example BD "Hi-Definition Reference Disc 2008 Blu-ray1080I AVC LPCM7.1" or program TFT Test (see pictures here).

Lightboost technology in normal do not make double contours. I have one in my Asus VG248QE monitor (spring 2013). It increase dynamic resolution.

You are right. Each shader has its artifacts.
13 is not shaky but with dirty details.
23 has sharper details but with shaky little and thin objects.