Re: Best configuration SVP for my system

Chainik
it was nearly - madVR cant provide 120fps movie
while EVR CP doing ok

Hm.

I think I have problems to keep 0 dropped frames at all.
I looked at the results of complete show episodes I watched.

1. TV Show 22 Minutes, 720p source, 720p target, EVR-CP@120Hz: 1 dropped frame
2. another episode of the same show, same settings: 0 dropped frames
3. one more episde but with madVR at default settings and 60Hz: 1 dropped frame
4. one more episode, same settings as in 3: 0 dropped frames

I am kind of becoming paranoid with this now  tongue

Does 1 dropped frame in a 22 minute show mean, the complete show is at a continious slight stutter or something or is it only a single jerk in the whole show?

I think it is "single jerk in the whole show"

Hm. I just realised how a driver does change the number of dropped frames.

I still used 306.97 because it was the driver that was optimized for World of Warcraft Pandaria and went back to it after trying 4-5 newer ones after I realized it came with more input lag or less FPS in WOW.
Now, a year later I gave the 331.65 a chance, because I hoped to get rid of dropped frames in video playback.

Well I tried it one day.... it was worse. It increased the number of dropped frames to 27, where it was 0 before. I am back to my beloved 306.97, all fine again.  big_smile

I have 3 PC's running SVP a gaming rig with a i7-2600k @ 4705mhz 8gb ram and 2 560ti cards @ 975 core and 2400mem 24/7 in sli.The gaming rig will run SVP with everything maxed out on the SVP profiles below 1080p, with 1080p almost everything is maxed out on the SVP 1080p profile and I have my madvr settings at jinc with 3 taps and one does not allow me to select jinc so that is on spline with 4 taps. For example playing a high bitrate 20GB MKV 1080p copy of avatar I am using around 40-55% cpu usage and my GPU usage is around 45-55% on my primary GPU and 15-25% on my secondary GPU and it looks fantastic....way better then watching a blu ray on a stand alone player.

My 2 HTPC's one with a i3 2120 cpu the other with a i3 2125 cpu both rigs have with 8gb of ram. Now I am using AMD card in those a hd 6570 in one and a hd 7750 in the other. The HD7750 rig has almost everything maxed for SVP at 720p and at 1080p the important settings are maxed like artifact masking is on strongest and the top setting is on complicated, my mad VR setting are set to jinc with 3 taps and one of them is on spline with 4 taps. My CPU usage with a 1080p movie is around 70-85% cpu usage and my GPU is running at 50% usage with 1125 core and 1350 memory just now testing it...I forgot my GPU was overclocked for a little gaming so i reset it back to stock which is 800 core and 1125 memory and my GPU usage went to 75% but it also looks fantastic. I will always watch a blu ray movie converted to a MKV with SVP over watching the movie on my stand alone Blu Ray player.  My HTPC with the HD6570 in it looks great also but I cannot run jinc settings I have to use spline with 3 or 4 taps. My 7750 HTPC is hooked up to my Panasonic VT-30 55" 3d Plasma TV  tongue It has the best picture in the house. My gaming rig is hooked to a 37" vizio and the hd 6570 is hooked to a 47" vizio.

I cannot say enough good things about SVP...Also I absolutely Love 60fps over the choppy 24fps....on top of that the Ambilight deal for the black bars is a awesome feature I have it set to level 2, I feel it gets too aggressive set any higher.

vargis14
artifact masking is on strongest

its bad
itk kill smoothness
Dont change setting if you you dont rnow what it means
The best settings for curren system SVP apllyed during install

Rimsky wrote:

The best settings for curren system SVP apllyed during install

I have a question about "Complicated". Is it more bad than "standard"? And what exactly is the advantage of "Standard" over "complicated", except for consuming less hardware power?

Atm I happen to prefer "G4" Settings + Complicated over pure G4 Settings, because it masks the bow wash effect of objects plowing though the sea of complicated backgrounds. Also, it does sound interesting that it uses the motion data from 4 frames. Wouldnt something like that not improve the reproduction of a courve like motion?

Hmm. Maybe that masking that is included into that shader has similiar problems like the "mask artefacts" function? Like replacing large parts of the image with the non-smoothed original frame and by this killing smoothness?

Hm. Also, if its a movie that includes people swinging aorund long thin objects like... uh... swords, (light)sabers, or muskets it seems that a motion grid of 24 is superior to 12 (small grids seem to destroy those long and thin objects).

I use 4g + 23 shader + 16px for 720p(serials) / 24px for 1080p

I use 5G + 1.5m + 24px