Topic: pulsing / stuttering when camera turns

Hi,

this issue is hard to describe: in scenes, when the camera moves, there is a noticeable and annoying pulsing or stuttering. It is not like a "hard" stuttering, but appears more like as if a couple of pictures run to fast, then some run slower, some faster again... Thus, on camera turns or when the background moves slowly over the screen it is not a smoth and even movement anymore.

I guess, it has to do with the settings - any idea which parameters I should modify?

Big Thanks!

Hlina

Re: pulsing / stuttering when camera turns

hlina
Try to change Frame interpolation mode to Uniform in profile settings window.

@MAG79: Thanks for your answer (and sorry for my late response). This setting actually solves my problem.

I used this setting, since it minimizes other artifacts which are particularly noticeable when sharp stationary objects are on the screen while the background moves; an example for this is during the start of movies when there is text (actors and cast) on the screen. These artifacts back are now; seems i can't have both problems solved at the same time.

After all the reading in this forum plus personal experience, I can understand how text and actors at the same time may cause problems.

Text is more like Anime, it needs Frame Interpolation like "1,5M" or something to be free of artefacts. The real Actors can handle "uniform".
"Adaptive" is suposed to realise by itself, if this is anime or real actors and switches between 2M, 1.5M, 1M and Uniform by itself after analysing the content of the frames.

Several people seem to report problems caused by this analysing/autoswitching of "Adaptive" so that a fix setting seems to be the better solution for them. "1.5M" or "Uniform" usualy)

So my guess to what happens to you is:

"Adaptive" = causes problems by its realtime analysis and mode switching for you
"Uniform" = causes problems for Anime-like content (overlay text in a real movie is basicly Anime like content)
"1.5M" = would solve both your problems but comes up with a new one: Quiet a lot moments of the movie wont be (noticable?) smoothed at all (but the ones that are smoothed, are quiet artefact free)