Re: Cannot get rid of "Waiting for ffdshow video" message in SVP Manager.

SVP3ISGREAT

ok show it all:
- how you install,
- how you run movie
- and folders that not exist - try create  C:/programdata/SVP3.1
- and settings mpc

antivirus is disabled?
comodo "love" block all

MAG79 wrote:

SVP3ISGREAT
After install SVP run SVPMgr from admin (right click - Run as administrator) and check items #1,2,3 again

1. Is C:/programdata/SVP3.1 folder present?
2. Is C:/programdata/SVP3.1/logs folder present?
3. Is C:/programdata/SVP3.1/logs/debuginfo.txt present?

SVPMgr must create these folders at first run.

OK MAG79, I'm doing that, here's the video of my clean installation in the meantime that I just finished performing, in case it helps....

28 (edited by SVP3ISGREAT 04-10-2013 07:31:03)

MAG79 wrote:

SVP3ISGREAT
After install SVP run SVPMgr from admin (right click - Run as administrator) and check items #1,2,3 again

1. Is C:/programdata/SVP3.1 folder present?
2. Is C:/programdata/SVP3.1/logs folder present?
3. Is C:/programdata/SVP3.1/logs/debuginfo.txt present?

SVPMgr must create these folders at first run.

Found the log!!
Here it is:

0:22:15.759; Start: SVPMgr 3.1.5 (931) starts...
0:22:15.759; AppDataPath: C:\ProgramData (ANSI)
0:22:15.759; Start: read settings file settings.ini
0:22:15.759; Start: load language file - English. Duration: 30 ms
0:22:15.789; Start: check launched instance of SVP-manager
0:22:15.789; Start: check Avisynth installed. Duration: 10 ms
0:22:15.799; Start: clear Logs folder
0:22:15.799; Start: performance graphs prepare
0:22:15.799; Start: SVPMgr folders prepare
0:22:16.349; High CPU load at idle: 13%
0:22:16.849; Start: CPU performance level estimation. Duration: 1646 ms
0:22:18.495; Start: auto-detected profiles set: 2g (739)
0:22:18.495; Start: copying files of profiles set. Duration: 10 ms
0:22:18.505; Start: read settings file SVPMgr.ini
0:22:18.505; Start: GPUs settings detection
0:22:24.725; Start: detected graphics (OpenCL) adapters:
11. GeForce GT 630M (264)
21. Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 (120)
0:22:24.725; Start: monitors settings detection. Duration: 860 ms
0:22:25.585; Start: detected monitor: 1366 x 768 @ 59.946
0:22:25.585; Start: disable LNG-file write when UAC enabled
0:22:25.585; Start: change SVP-manager priority
0:22:25.585; Start: register hotkeys
0:22:25.585; Start: get versions of modules used
ffdshow.ax/avisynth.dll: 1.3.4515.0/2.5.8.6
svpflow1/2.dll: 1.3.4.0/1.5.1.0
svpflow_cpu/gpu.dll: 1.7.2.0/1.7.9.0
0:22:25.585; Start: refresh autostart state in registry
0:22:25.585; Start: some more work with registry. Duration: 10 ms
0:22:25.595; Start: create menu
0:22:25.595; Start: update settings file settings.ini. Duration: 10 ms
0:22:25.605; Start: update monitor settings
0:22:25.605; Start: prepare "About the program" window
0:22:25.605; Updates: check for updates. Request sended
0:22:25.605; Start: enable ffdShow waiting mode
0:22:25.605; Start: prepare to work is complete
0:22:25.615; RefreshSVP
0:22:25.615; ===== Waiting for ffdshow video

0:22:36.025; Updates: connection closed

29 (edited by SVP3ISGREAT 04-10-2013 07:37:47)

Sorry guys I cannot upload video, but if completely necessary I will do it, please let me know  smile

Rimsky wrote:

SVP3ISGREAT

ok show it all:
- how you install,
- how you run movie
- and settings mpc

antivirus is disabled?
comodo "love" block all

Hi Rimsky, I am unable to upload video for the moment, but if absolutely necessary I will do it. I did find the logs though (I think it was just my stupid mistake).....can you find anything in the log I posted?? Thanks man...

Rimsky wrote:

SVP3ISGREAT

ok show it all:
- how you install,
- how you run movie
- and settings mpc

antivirus is disabled?
comodo "love" block all

I don't have Comodo antivirus Rimsky, I have Microsoft security essentials and it is has been turned off even before I installed SVP..

SVP3ISGREAT
The problem of "waiting ffdShow" while playing is still here?

MAG79 wrote:

SVP3ISGREAT
The problem of "waiting ffdShow" while playing is still here?

YES MAG79, when I open a video in potplayer, Haalli media splitter turns on in the action-tray, as well as Re-Clock, but SVP does not function and remains with the message "waiting for ffdshow video".......it's 1:30am here in Vancouver Canada, I can't imagine what time it is in Russia (if that's where you are)  smile ......I guess we'll continue tomorrow, but I will post a video of everything I do first.....Cheers!

SVP3ISGREAT
YES MAG79, when I open a video in potplayer, Haalli media splitter turns on in the action-tray, as well as Re-Clock, but SVP does not function and remains with the message "waiting for ffdshow video".......it's 1:30am here in Vancouver Canada, I can't imagine what time it is in Russia (if that's where you are)   ......I guess we'll continue tomorrow, but I will post a video of everything I do first.....Cheers!

Now in moscow  12:35
difference -11 hours

good night!

Rimsky wrote:

SVP3ISGREAT
YES MAG79, when I open a video in potplayer, Haalli media splitter turns on in the action-tray, as well as Re-Clock, but SVP does not function and remains with the message "waiting for ffdshow video".......it's 1:30am here in Vancouver Canada, I can't imagine what time it is in Russia (if that's where you are)   ......I guess we'll continue tomorrow, but I will post a video of everything I do first.....Cheers!

Now in moscow  12:35
difference -11 hours

good night!

Hi Rimsky and good afternoon in Russia!! Well I finally got it to work, I think the problem is when loading the external filter you have to load it on 2 different custom filter tabs....one is "global", and the other is "preset". The Daum Potplayer interface has changed since your last tutorial where you only mention "custom filter"....now it is 2 tabs in the "Filter Control" heading, global and preset. So I added ffdshow as registered filter in both those tabs and finally got it to work! (Before I was only extracting ffdshow in "global filter" and not in "preset filter". I don't know if this is the right thing to do or not but for now it works.....but there is one minor problem, the message "waiting for ffdshow video" appears every time I stop a video, but when I press play the message disappears and it seems to work. I don't know if I'm getting the best possible video playback or not, I'll have to do more tests. Can you guys tell me the best possible parameters I should use on my laptop with the specifications I gave you at the beginning of the conversation?
I downloaded madvr and everything else in the package but not VCRedist....should I install that as well?

Again I am using a: Samsung NP550P5C-S03CA Laptop
                             Intel Core i5 3210M @ 2.50GHz
                             Windows 7 Ultimate x64
                             1023MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M
                             Intel HD Graphics 4000
                             8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (RAM)

SVP3ISGREAT
I think the problem is when loading the external filter

we are have know it!  wink

SVP3ISGREAT
your last tutorial

its not my tutorial, it was maked by Maken1 from Venezuela

SVP3ISGREAT
Can you guys tell me the best possible parameters I should use on my laptop with the specifications I gave you at the beginning of the conversation?

best possible settings defines SVP Manager at first start
Or check "Video profiles - Reset to defaults" in SVP Menu

SVP3ISGREAT
I downloaded madvr and everything else in the package but not VCRedist....should I install that as well?

VCRedist - yes but only original from site MS (full SVP package install only VCRedist 2008 if it needed)
MadVR - i dont think that you GT630 is powerfull enought for it on the 1080p
GT630 for 720p may be enought

Rimsky wrote:

SVP3ISGREAT
I think the problem is when loading the external filter

we are have know it!  wink

SVP3ISGREAT
your last tutorial

SVP3ISGREAT
Can you guys tell me the best possible parameters I should use on my laptop with the specifications I gave you at the beginning of the conversation?

best possible settings defines SVP Manager at first start
Or check "Video profiles - Reset to defaults" in SVP Menu

SVP3ISGREAT

VCRedist - yes but only original from site MS (full SVP package install only VCRedist 2008 if it needed)
MadVR - i dont think that you GT630 is powerfull enought for it on the 1080p
GT630 for 720p may be enought

No I was referring to the quick tutorial you have on your website to set-up Daum PotPlayer with SVP. It seems the interface for custom filters on potplayer preferences has changed since then.....you might want to check it out.

So, when video is stopped and I get the message "waiting for ffdshow video" in the tray, this is okay? As I said said it goes away when I resume video but I think it's strange, maybe it's a bug?

SVP3ISGREAT
No I was referring to the quick tutorial you have on your website to set-up Daum PotPlayer with SVP. It seems the interface for custom filters on potplayer preferences has changed since then.....you might want to check it out.

it with russian text and pictures. You understand it?

thanks!
I checked it

SVP3ISGREAT
I get the message "waiting for ffdshow video" in the tray

may be PotPlayer have option "Stop video during pausing"?

39 (edited by SVP3ISGREAT 04-10-2013 10:16:18)

Rimsky wrote:

SVP3ISGREAT

it with russian text and pictures. You understand it?

thanks!
I checked it

SVP3ISGREAT
I get the message "waiting for ffdshow video" in the tray

may be PotPlayer have option "Stop video during pausing"?

Hi Rimsky! So it's 3AM here in Canada and I'm still up running tests because THAT'S HOW MUCH I LOVE YOUR PROGRAM!!!
Tell me, will SVP still run good if I install potplayer x64? Or should I definitely keep it at potplayer x32?? My OS system is x64...

SVP3ISGREAT
Tell me, will SVP still run good if I install potplayer x64?

nope becouse x64 program use x64 stuff and PPx64 use x64 filter (x64-ffdshow, x64-avisynth)

SVP3ISGREAT
Or should I definitely keep it at potplayer x32

only x86( x32) version of all stuff (player, filters ... )

SVP3ISGREAT
My OS system is x64.

no matter
win x64 have two mechanism for running x64 and x86
win x64 is prefer for system with >4gb RAM becouse desktop Win-x86 can adress only 3.25-3.75Gb RAM (without PAE)

41 (edited by SVP3ISGREAT 04-10-2013 13:34:48)

Rimsky wrote:

SVP3ISGREAT
Tell me, will SVP still run good if I install potplayer x64?

nope becouse x64 program use x64 stuff and PPx64 use x64 filter (x64-ffdshow, x64-avisynth)

SVP3ISGREAT
Or should I definitely keep it at potplayer x32

only x86( x32) version of all stuff (player, filters ... )

SVP3ISGREAT
My OS system is x64.

no matter
win x64 have two mechanism for running x64 and x86
win x64 is prefer for system with >4gb RAM because desktop Win-x86 can adress only 3.25-3.75Gb RAM (without PAE)

My friends, it is 6:30AM here in Vancouver, I have been up all night configuring your awesome creation. I really, really want to thank you guys....It would be great if the world gave their talents and shared with the world their creations for free as you guys have...if we all did the same, the world would be a different place, maybe not so selfish and we would grow faster. I'm getting all philosophical  big_smile but I just want to thank you guys because video is very important to me. In the end I tried Maken1's specifications as well as a couple of other peoples', and in the end, after HOURS of testing, IT IS YOURS SVP CREATORS THAT IS THE BEST just the way you made it! I reset everything to just the way you the developers recommend and it is truly the best! I will not forget to donate! One more question, when I play a youtube video on the youtube website, does the svp add on for youtube just begin by itself automatically or do I have to do something?

Much love from Canada  smile  smile  smile

SVP3ISGREAT
does the svp add on for youtube just begin by itself automatically or do I have to do something

if SVP manager state playback - it means that SVP make video smoothness

online video have two ways:
a) save to disk video by any plugin and watch in potPlayer just as ordinary video (I use http://en.savefrom.net/)
b) only on the youtube you can use SVPTube - it parse video from youtube to your player (PP) without downloading

43 (edited by SVP3ISGREAT 04-10-2013 13:54:17)

Rimsky wrote:

SVP3ISGREAT
does the svp add on for youtube just begin by itself automatically or do I have to do something

if SVP manager state playback - it means that SVP make video smoothness

online video have two ways:
a) save to disk video by any plugin and watch in potPlayer just as ordinary video (I use http://en.savefrom.net/)
b) only on the youtube you can use SVPTube - it parse video from youtube to your player (PP) without downloading

Yes Rimski, it plays fine....between playback it says "waiting for ffdshow" but, as soon as video starts svp starts, it says "playback" and gives me all the specifications.....IT WORKS GREAT, BELIEVE ME!

Anyway, Rimsky, Vovanchik, Chainik, mna and MAG79, seriously you guys are awesome, 5 fucking cool guys from Russia!! Thanks so much for your product, I WILL donate.........LONG LIVE RUSSIA!!!! big_smile  smile  big_smile  smile  big_smile  smile

Peace guys!!

SVP3ISGREAT

The Daum Potplayer interface has changed since your last tutorial where you only mention "custom filter"....now it is 2 tabs in the "Filter Control" heading, global and preset. So I added ffdshow as registered filter in both those tabs and finally got it to work!

Thank you for the solution!