1 (edited by SVP3ISGREAT 04-10-2013 05:35:52)

Topic: Cannot get rid of "Waiting for ffdshow video" message in SVP Manager.

Hi everyone! First let me say that as a video amateur video enthusiast I am extremely pleased and grateful for all your hard work! I hope there's a donation button somewhere because you guys who made SVP deserve it!!

Anyway I had SVP working for a while along with Daum PotPlayer on my Samsung NP550P5C-S03CA Laptop, however I recently did a clean install of Windows 7 Ultimate and cannot get SVP to work ever since. I have finished downloading all the windows updates, I have deleted any codec packs (including Microsoft Silverlight just in case) and have followed every instruction to the letter. My OS is x64, however I have downloaded the x32 version of PotPlayer as instructed. I have tried everything in the other threads, re-installed it countless times, cleaned the registry, but always get the "Waiting for ffdshow video" message and therefore cannot attach any ffdshow settings to my SVP or get it to work! Please somebody help me, I have been trying to fix this by myself FOR DAYS now.....

My Laptop Specs are as follows: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
                                               Intel Core i5 3210M @ 2.50GHz (CPU)
                                               8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (RAM)
                                               Intel HD Graphics 4000 (Samsung)
                                               1023MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M (Samsung)

I'm not sure what other information you'll need, I'm usually good at resolving things myself but this has got me really stumped!
Thanks so much guys and please, keep up the GREAT work!! smile  smile

Re: Cannot get rid of "Waiting for ffdshow video" message in SVP Manager.

reinstall svp full, double check thast ffdshow installed

https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/websc … d26650388a
or link from http://www.svp-team.com/

SVP3ISGREAT
FAQ#SVP Manager tells "Waiting for ffdshow video..." even when the video is actually playng with ffdshow

I hope there's a donation button somewhere
http://www.svp-team.com/wiki/Donation smile

4 (edited by SVP3ISGREAT 04-10-2013 03:27:16)

Hey guys, thanks for your prompt responses.....

dlr5668 I've re-installed the program numerous times, cleaning the registry with CCleaner each time before re-installing, I've even played a little bit with the settings when downloading each necessary program, but mostly I've followed the instructions down to the letter and follow all the screenshots etc., I download the svp program as a full package and use the x32 version of potplayer, I don't know what else to do... sad

MAG79 I'm very happy to see I got a response from you since you are a developer, and, judging from the other forums you always manage to fix everybody's issues sooner or later, so I have complete faith in you wink .....having said that I've already done everything in the faq page you posted, numerous times. I've also searched people who had the same issue as me an copied their solutions, but it hasn't worked for me yet. What is so frustrating is that the svp program WAS WORKING FOR ME FINE before I did a clean install of windows 7 on my laptop about a week ago. Ever since I cannot get svp to work sad ......I'm really out of ideas but I don't want to give up because I LOVE this program! And yes MAG79 you have my word that as soon as I have this fixed I will happily donate.

Thanks again guys, I await your response......what other info can I send you guys? This is my first time in a forum  neutral so sorry if I took long checking responses (I was waiting for an email hmm  ).....I will leave this page open now until I hear something. Congratulations on the program guys, you rock!

Hope to hear from you soon!

5 (edited by SVP3ISGREAT 04-10-2013 03:47:01)

dlr5668 wrote:

reinstall svp full, double check thast ffdshow installed

https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/websc … d26650388a
or link from http://www.svp-team.com/

Hey dlr5668! Thanks for getting back..... I've re-installed the program numerous times, cleaning the registry with CCleaner each time before re-installing, I've even played a little bit with the settings when downloading each necessary program, but mostly I've followed the instructions down to the letter and follow all the screenshots etc., I download the svp program as a full package and use the x32 version of potplayer, I don't know what else to do...  sad

6 (edited by SVP3ISGREAT 04-10-2013 03:49:08)

MAG79!! I'm very happy to see I got a response from you since you are a developer, and, judging from the other forums you always manage to fix everybody's issues sooner or later  big_smile , so I have complete faith in you.......having said that I've already done everything in the faq page you posted, numerous times. I've also searched people who had the same issue as me and copied their solutions, but it hasn't worked for me yet. What is so frustrating is that the svp program WAS WORKING FOR ME FINE before I did a clean install of windows 7 on my laptop about a week ago. Ever since I cannot get svp to work  sad  ......I'm really out of ideas but I don't want to give up because I LOVE this program! And yes MAG79 you have my word that as soon as I have this fixed I will happily donate.

What other info can I send you to help with my problem? Best wishes from Canada!

SVP3ISGREAT
I download the svp program as a full package

does MPC from full package works with SVP?

Rimsky wrote:

SVP3ISGREAT
I download the svp program as a full package

does MPC from full package works with SVP?

Hey Rimsky, thanks for your reply....I actually just finished trying your suggestion and downloaded it with MPC, and again, keep getting the same message.. "waiting for ffdshow video". Something is conflicting between ffdshow and svp, can't figure out what! Getting really frustrated, but I know an answer will come and I'll be all the more happier when it does  big_smile

Rimsky
Just saw you're title is 'Installer Master'.....wow! If anyone can help me it's you buddy! hahaaha, only joking, no pressure.....is there anything I can provide you with to help me? Again thanks... smile

SVP3ISGREAT
Something is conflicting between ffdshow and svp

SVP and ffd not conflicting, player does't used FFshow VideoDecoder / FFDshow RAWVideo

Did you install MPC from full package or use other?
recommended setting for MPC applyed only if MPC selected in full package

Show external filter setting in MPC and used filters during playing (on MPC windows - Rigth Click - filters)

_____

For Potplayer try this Makens Potplayer guide

SVP3ISGREAT
Lets start from post your SVP log here:
- SVP tray menu - Information - Last launch log

Rimsky wrote:

SVP3ISGREAT
Something is conflicting between ffdshow and svp

SVP and ffd not conflicting, player does't used FFshowVideoDecoder/FFDshow RAWVideo

Did you install MPC from full pacake or use other? recommended setting for MPC applyed only if MPC selected in full package

Show external filter setting in MPC and used filters during playing (on MPC windows - Rigth Click - filters)

Yes Rimsky I installed MPC from the SVP full package download.......

MAG79

Lets start from post your SVP log here:
- SVP tray menu - Information - Last launch log

When I try to access additional information (log)
It says: "Cannot find the C:/programdata/SVP3.1/logs/debuginfo.txt.file"

SVP3ISGREAT

so we are waiting for log and settings screenshot

Ok I'm gonna re-install, give me 5 minutes.....(I don't know why I don't get a log)..

SVP3ISGREAT
I don't know why I don't get a log

did you install and run under one user with admins rights?

MAG79 says more

did you install and run under one user with admins rights?

I installed and run under "all users"

Guys, how do I send you a settings log? Or should I record the screen while I'm downloading and send you the video??

SVP3ISGREAT

Cannot find the C:/programdata/SVP3.1/logs/debuginfo.txt

Please look with windows explorer:
1. Is C:/programdata/SVP3.1 folder present?
2. Is C:/programdata/SVP3.1/logs folder present?
3. Is C:/programdata/SVP3.1/logs/debuginfo.txt present?

I have edit your posts. Don't repeat previous message whole when it is not necessary to understand what you talking about. wink

any anti virus software installed?
it could somehow block access to c:\programdata  hmm

MAG79
I have searched each of those items in my windows address bar looking in the computer and C: .......the computer does not find those folders. I am now recording a video of a clean install after deleting the registry files. Give me a few minutes and I will post...

SVP3ISGREAT
I am now recording a video of a clean install after deleting the registry files

it is not necessary

SVP3ISGREAT
I have searched each of those items in my windows address bar looking in the computer and C

enable "show hidden files/folders"

Chainik wrote:

any anti virus software installed?
it could somehow block access to c:\programdata  hmm

Hi Chainik, I have turned off antivirus and will now install again. I am recording a video of the screenshots of the installationthat I will post now.....thank you brother...

Rimsky wrote:

SVP3ISGREAT
I am now recording a video of a clean install after deleting the registry files

it is not necessary

SVP3ISGREAT
I have searched each of those items in my windows address bar looking in the computer and C

enable "show hidden files/folders"

The video is not necessary Rimsky?

SVP3ISGREAT
After install SVP run SVPMgr from admin (right click - Run as administrator) and check items #1,2,3 again

1. Is C:/programdata/SVP3.1 folder present?
2. Is C:/programdata/SVP3.1/logs folder present?
3. Is C:/programdata/SVP3.1/logs/debuginfo.txt present?

SVPMgr must create these folders at first run.