1 (edited by destiny82 16-08-2013 04:11:47)

Topic: 5c Profile

First of all, I want to thank to svp team to create such an awesome software with constant update (and free tongue).

My system:
CPU i5 3570
Memory 4 gig
GPU Geforce GT 220 DDR3 1 gig
Windows 8 Pro 32 bit

I accidentially try 5c setting (in reset to default setting, there is an option CPU or GPU, choose CPU) in the middle of my desperation of using svp because of its visible artifacts on my system (I tried 3g, 4g, 5g and custom setting -> artifact reduce but also reduce smoothness)

I don't have a time yet to test many movie file but the file that I had a chance to test is:
- Monster University Trailer 1080p (mov)
- Mobile Suit Gundam UC episode 4, bluray rip, flac 1080p (mkv) -> I test certain scene only which in my previous setting had artifacts
- 47 Ronin Trailer 1080p (mov)
- Korean Music Video 1080p (mp4)

I want to share and also want to confirm with svp developer team:
5c profile that I tried WOW me, the visible artifacts that I mentioned above is not visible anymore (I tried the same file for testing) and the fluidity is awesome too.
Here the step that I tried before choosing 5c profile:
1. I downloaded mpc-player from Kawaii Codec Pack site (http://haruhichan.com/forum/showthread. … Codec-Pack), they predefined setting for madVR
2. Install the software (I choose high tier) and everything is default installation.
3. Install Avisynth 2.5.8 (from svp site)
4. Install ffdShow rev.4515 x86 (from svp site)
5. Install SVP 3.1.5 Core (from svp site)
6. Run svp, choose reset to default, set to 5g profile AND change GPU to CPU in drop down option to get 5c profile
7. Run MPC player, in output change madVR to EVR custom presenter, in external filter add ffdshow raw video (set to prefer)
8. Play file

I want to know what other people opinion big_smile

Re: 5c Profile

destiny82
6. Run svp, choose reset to default, set to 5g profile AND change GPU to CPU in drop down option to get 5c profile

this is mistake
5G profiles differ from 5C not only SVPGPU option

Is LAV Video Decoder use Quick sync or CUVID for decode video?

reset profiles to 5C in SVP Menu
Or change VC to GT640 wink

3 (edited by destiny82 16-08-2013 08:42:35)

Rimsky wrote:

destiny82

this is mistake
5G profiles differ from 5C not only SVPGPU option

reset profiles to 5C in SVP Menu
Or change VC to GT640 wink

I'm sorry I forgot to mention that after choose reset to default in svp menu, choose 5g profile then in rendering mode change GPU to CPU. So far this is the best setting for my system...:D

I use CUVID

destiny82
So far this is the best setting for my system

the best settings for your system is 5C

destiny82
choose 5g profile then in rendering mode change GPU to CPU

it's a strange solution cause CPU and GPU rendering with the same settings are almost identical in resulting image
the only difference is CPU rendering is more "pixelated" and "squarish" - http://imgur.com/a/MwglB (note that "bicubic" mode is always on with GPU rendering)

Chainik wrote:

destiny82
choose 5g profile then in rendering mode change GPU to CPU

it's a strange solution cause CPU and GPU rendering with the same settings are almost identical in resulting image
the only difference is CPU rendering is more "pixelated" and "squarish" - http://imgur.com/a/MwglB (note that "bicubic" mode is always on with GPU rendering)

I see. It seems that the file that I tested before, I got 'lucky' with no visible artifact, I just tested Kick Ass 2 Trailer 1080p (mp4) when the Hit Girl ride her motorcycle (fast moving scenes) it still got artifact. I guess what Rimsky said is true when recommended to change vga card. big_smile

Is there any suggestion to minimize artifact in my system? I already search in this forum but the setting that suggested, I still see noticeable artifact.

I give up my 5c profile setting. I just finished tested kick ass 2 trailer 1080p (mp4) which I mentioned above that have visible artifact in fast moving scene.
I tried 4g profile just like the auto detect recommended and then I change shader to complicated and artifact masking to average, the result is no visible artifact so far. I think artifact masking set to average is tolerable, of course it reduce smoothness but in my new setting, I still have smoothness with no visible artifact.

destiny82
I give up my 5c profile setting. I just finished tested kick ass 2 trailer 1080p (mp4) which I mentioned above that have visible artifact in fast moving scene.
I tried 4g profile just like the auto detect recommended and then I change shader to complicated and artifact masking to average, the result is no visible artifact so far. I think artifact masking set to average is tolerable, of course it reduce smoothness but in my new setting, I still have smoothness with no visible artifact.

I like 5G profile but modified: 1.5m algo and 24px grid
In you case try 5CPU + 1.5m algo and 24px grid

Rimsky wrote:

destiny82

I like 5G profile but modified: 1.5m algo and 24px grid
In you case try 5CPU + 1.5m algo and 24px grid

I've tried the setting that you recommended but I forced it to 5g to my system. CPU usage is still tolerable about 60% peak for watching anime 1080p bluray rip (mkv) and about 50% peak on bluray disc playback.
Is there the drawback that I didn't know if I used 5g instead of 5c for my system?

destiny82
I've tried the setting that you recommended but I forced it to 5g to my system. CPU usage is still tolerable about 60% peak for watching anime 1080p bluray rip (mkv) and about 50% peak on bluray disc playback.
Is there the drawback that I didn't know if I used 5g instead of 5c for my system?

the most powerfull option is grid 12px to 24px
When it set to 24px load of the CPU is much less (~30-40%), while other option from 5g profile load system a bit more

So 5g + 24px you cpu is enought without SVPGPU

And greater grid (24-32px) smaller wave artifacts

11 (edited by destiny82 20-08-2013 16:44:37)

Rimsky
I found the setting that member Jimmy03 suggested but I modified shader from default to complicated and I like this setting:

Uniform
Complicated
To screen refresh rate (default)
24 px. Large 2
Disabled (default)
Small and fast
Two pixels
Strongest
Above normal
Repeat frame (default)
Disabled (default)

I like the smoothness and because of the artifact masking set to above normal, artifacts weren't too visible.
What do you think?

destiny82
I like the smoothness and because of the artifact masking set to above normal

the more artifact masking - the less smothness

I watch a tonns of the video (cinema, onime, doc) and my settings is good for me: smoothness, very little amount of artifacts. At real i see artifact only several times after 1.5m was realized.

13 (edited by destiny82 22-08-2013 11:22:07)

Rimsky wrote:

destiny82
I like the smoothness and because of the artifact masking set to above normal

the more artifact masking - the less smothness

I watch a tonns of the video (cinema, onime, doc) and my settings is good for me: smoothness, very little amount of artifacts. At real i see artifact only several times after 1.5m was realized.

After I try again a bunch of video, I guess I must conclude (and totally agree with you Rimsky  big_smile ) that the best frames interpolation mode for non visible / minimal artifact and still have smoothness is 1.5m.

But I was wondering I remember I read from SVP FAQ that the best setting is mark as default, so  I tried all default setting except 1.5m, complicated and to screen size (Decrease frame size), from all default setting that I mentioned which one you didn't like since you like 5g profile with 1.5m and 24px?

destiny82
you didn't like since you like 5g profile with 1.5m and 24px?

its only my opinion  wink