Topic: SVP and i3 2105

Im running SVP with XBMC, I have mostly mkv videos, the 720p vids play fine at 60fps but my system starts maxing out with 1080p movies. The weird thing is 1080p animation movies play fine also. I have a i3 2105 cpu with no dedicated gpu. If I need to get a gpu what do you guys reccomand. Im not looking to use this set up as a gaming pc, just to an htpc to watch movies. Any suggestions, thanks in advance.

Re: SVP and i3 2105

eyelwatch
gpu what do you guys reccomand

GT640: cuvid + hardware deinterlace + hdmi audio throughput
or higher

I'm very new to this, I had this HTPC built. When I searched for the GT640, I had a bunch of different results ranging from about $50 to $100. Is there a big difference in these cards, or is it safe to order the cheapest one.

eyelwatch
When I searched for the GT640

where did you searched?
Here (in Russia) it priced ~ $80-$90

Ebay

I suppose $50 is used cards and $100 - new cards

Got it, also I noticed there are different manufacturers like Asus, Zotac, MSI, EVGA etc...also some have slightly different specs like 2GB DDR3 vs 1GB DDR3 does any of this matter, sorry for the noob questions.

Asus, MSI, EVGA
2GB DDR5 prefer if you found it

Thanks appreciate your help

Well I went with a GTX 550 ti, hope that it works ok with my processor

eyelwatch
GTX 550 ti, hope that it works ok with my processor

yep

Hey all, so I installed my new card gtx 550 ti (2gb). Overall seems like performance has improved but I still get some artifacts around moving objects. Ive tried to reset defaults and let SVP choose my profile, also I have checked GPU acceleration. Is there anything I can do or am I limited because of my CPU. Thanks.

Ok tried to edit the override file, not sure what to change the parameters to tho, in one of these threads it says to increase smooth scene, decrease smooth.zero, and increase smooth.block, but it doesnt say to what values.

You can set artifact-free settings to easy, medium, higher, the highest. But it slow down smoothness.