1 (edited by MindfluX 27-06-2013 15:37:45)

Topic: Slow hardware, Advice SVP settings

Apparently my hardware is too slow to perform SVP at 1080p. Frames are dropping. Do you have any advice on configuration?

I have installed SVP 3.1.4 with default settings. I only play 1080p and 720p MKV. Even 720p sometimes droppes frames with SVP enabled.

I thought it would work as the example in the SVP WIKI notes an Intel Core i3 530 @ 2.93GHz. According to cpubenchmark.net this CPU has 2582 score points. My AMD Phenom X4 9600B Quad-core 2.3GHz has a 2604 score points. My GPU is a Radeon HD 6570 1GB 650 MHz, Mem 1334 MHz, 480 Stream Processors, 128-bit DDR3, Shader Model 5.0. Apparently my CPU is too slow and the GPU is okay based on the SVP WIKI.

I am running Windows 7 fresly installed with no added services and add-ons running in the background. I am viewing it on a JVC DLA-X30 high-end projector. The attachment here displays the SVPmark right of the screen.

I changed the SVP configuration, but with no good. Artifacts now around moving objects and I wonder what your hints are Where should I start lowering the quality?

Hmm.. I probably should by a new PC for this, SVP looks awesome!

Post's attachments

photo.JPG 465.13 kb, 178 downloads since 2013-06-27 

Re: Slow hardware, Advice SVP settings

- ensure that you're using hardware decoding ("DXVA2 copy-back" mode) within LAV decoder
- don't even think about using madVR renderer smile
- set profiles in "Video profiles -> Reset to defaults" to one step below auto-detected value

but yeah, your CPU is slower than any FX or i3

720p should play smoothly and if it drop a few frames it's probably not a performance issue

MindfluX
AMD Phenom X4 9600B

with TLB patch or not?

Going to look into these settings.

I think the TLB fix is enabled. I have two Phenom PC's. I was able to disable the TLB fix on my workstation but not on the HTPC. I receive "ERROR: ReadMSR Function error!", but that's a different issue.

Thank you for the addressing this issue and tips.

MindfluX

I vote for

MindfluX wrote:

by a new PC for this

Yes, I think I should buy a new PC.

Do you guys know what the lowest CPU Mark Score from the list below will do its work for 1080p SVP without artifacts?
http://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html

Then I have a good idea which options I have. I don't want to spent too much money on this.

I will be using the same graphics card: Radeon HD 6570 1GB 650 MHz

The PC is dedicated for playing video on my JVC DLA-X30 projector only. 60% 720p (mostly) HDTV and 40% 1080p (mostly) BluRay. Installed on Windows 7 without any software then a video player, so the SVP player pack is perfect.

MindfluX
Do you guys know what the lowest CPU Mark Score from the list below

wrong question - right answer  big_smile
we have own Mark, with pocker and Lunapark

see the Real tests details (FPS) column

MindfluX
SVP without artifacts?

good & high column

hey i love that svp ..but the problem is when i play 1080p video ..it play slow with low frame ..its says svp performance too slow.try to lower the profile setting ..i dnt have ny idea what to do..plzz can ny1 help me out..
my pc is 
win7 core 2 duo cpu p7350 2.00ghz 4bg ram with nvidia gforce 9600m gt..plzzzzzzz hepl me out... roll  smile  sad

sunny
i dnt have ny idea what to do

- buy a new laptop or
- don't play 1080p

even some of 720p video play slow ..as same 1080.?????? ny help...??

core2 @2000 is the absolute minimum for SVP
you can't lower settings for 1080p cause they're already set to lowest possible values
but you can lower something for 720p

how can i setting lower profile?? can u tell me??
smile

- Interface type -> Advanced
- double click SVP icon
- change "Motion vectors grid" to 24,28 or 32
- change "SVP shader" to "1. Fastest"

is there no i can play 1080p on pc????? sad  sad  sad  sad  sad

sunny
Just try these profile settings, as Chainik wrote:

- Interface type -> Advanced
- double click SVP icon
- change "Motion vectors grid" to 24,28 or 32
- change "SVP shader" to "1. Fastest"

If your system can't play video on this setting (CPU usge close to 100% or SVP-index below 1.0x) then you need to upgrade your system to watch 1080p with SVP.

ya its work with 720p.. but can u tell me what is that motion vectors grid.what happen to change 24, 28 or 32???
smile

sunny
is there no i can play 1080p on pc?????

nope
becouse your PC not minimum requirements just for playback 1080p, even for SVP

i can play 1080 normaly..i mean without SVP..
neutral

can u tell me what is that artifacts masking..what happen if change it to strongest???