Topic: How to get the least amount of artifacts while maintaining smoothness?

I've got a Panasonic plasma that has disappointing 24p playback. Contouring happens around edges when horizontal panning occurs. To avoid this I have to use 60Hz. I'd been using madVR's Smooth Motion and thought I was happy with the results until I noticed there was still some juddering left when panning. I am now trying to set up SVP to get as close to as I can 24p playback, meaning I don't really need the extra smoothness (the so called soap opera effect) but rather smooth panning without juddering.
At the moment I'm using:

FIM:                                      Uniform
SVP shader:                           Standard
Target frame rate:                 To screen refresh rate/2
Motion vectors grid:               8 px. Small 0
Decrease grid step:                To small step 6-8 px.
Search radius:                        Average (default)
Motion vectors precision:       Half pixel (default)
Wide search:                          Average (default)
Artifacts masking:                  Average
Processing of scene changes: Repeat frame (default)
Decrease frame size:             Disabled (default)

The complicated SVP shader increases the smoothness too much for my tastes but the standard seems to do the trick. The problem is artifacting which happens in high motion scenes. I can't really give up on using Uniform as the interpolation mode since the others are too laggy for me.

I've got a i7 950 @ 4Ghz and GTX 670 4GB so performance will likely not be a problem.

Has anyone come up with settings that can replicate proper 24p playback at 60hz without either the 3:2 pulldown and juddering or excessive artifacting?

Thanks for the responses and this awesome piece of software.

Re: How to get the least amount of artifacts while maintaining smoothness?

If you dont need the extra smoothness, why dot you try with higher motion vector grid values (12 or  16)