Topic: Can't navigate to DVD menus when SVP is running

Using MPC-HC, LAV, MVR, ffdshow raw. Works fine except that when playing ripped DVDs sometimes DVD menus are bypassed, sometimes mouse doesn't work in menu, and I can't navigate to DVD menus using MPC-HC right-click menu.

Do I have something set up incorrectly?

Re: Can't navigate to DVD menus when SVP is running

jkauff
Please. Check on your system DVDs that can not play correctrly. Does they plays menu after exit SVP?
I see such behavior at my system with the same components: MPC-HC, LAV, MVR, ffdshow raw.
If yes, I think I know what the problem and will try to fix it in next version of SVP.

Yes, the menus work fine when SVP is off. Thanks for investigating.

I really like SVP, especially for the many old black and white movies I have. I donated after using for one day.

jkauff
So. Problem is incorrect work with static DVD-menu. Such menus have one frame and after SVP this frame gives additional frames and player can't handle it.

Quick solution is to stop smoothing with SVP when using DVD-menu. SVP have shortcut for that: Ctrl-Win-Alt-P by default (You can change it). See to green or red triangle at SVP icon in the tray.
I agree, it is not very good solution. Because it is not automatic, it is manual for now.

In next version I will try to add recognizing algo of static DVD-menus to automatically disable smoothing on such menus.

MAG79
In next version I will try to add recognizing algo of static DVD-menus to automatically disable smoothing on such menus.
Thanks  smile