Topic: Settings for best video quality without (visible) artifacts

I am an enthusiastic user of SVP. Actually I am lyrical about the smoothness, but inevitably there are artifacts. My system contains an i7 2600K, 8GB RAM and a GTX680. I have noticed that Adaptive gives me lots of artifacts, 1M gives me some artifacts and 2M looks artifactless, but by then the smoothness is a lot less. From what I've read this is what every user of SVP has to deal with. So there's the quest for the ideal settings which are the default values, or so I heard. I started to doubt that now since I've messed around a bit with the different settings for a while. For example Shaders. Is 13 the best option or is 23 even better? Same with Motion Vector Grid. The default value is in the middle vof the list. I would expect that the best settings for PQ always stay at the top or bottom of the list. Can someone clarify this for me?

Re: Settings for best video quality without (visible) artifacts

check this thread http://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopic … 76&p=6 with google translate

dlr5668 wrote:

check this thread http://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopic … 76&p=6 with google translate

I read a few pages with Google translation but I don't understand most of it. It looks very technical as well. I am just looking for a guide of some sort to help me pick the right values to get the best possible PQ.

Try changing "Motion vectors precision" to "two pixels", others' set to default

Makens PotPlayer and SVP Guide 3.0

raymondkwan wrote:

Try changing "Motion vectors precision" to "two pixels", others' set to default

I'll give it a try and will report back.

Can filters and settings of players and codecs change the amount of visible artifacts? I would guess only SVP settings can change this. Looks interesting though. I'll give PotPlayer a try soon.