Topic: SVP 3.1.3 release

Congrats for the new release wink I tested and its running pretty well!!!

Thanks a lot for your work and dedication guys!

2 (edited by AndreaMG 30-12-2012 15:28:39)

Re: SVP 3.1.3 release

Thank u guys for the new release. I want to test it but the installer is forcing me to install haali which I don't want (I prefer LAV splitter), any idea why I cannot deslect it in the installation phase?? smile

AndreaMG
I want to test it but the installer is forcing me to install haali which I don't want (I prefer LAV splitter), any idea why I cannot deslect it in the installation phase??

Today only haali splitter can open linking mkv-files
LAV splitter cant do this
So installer block haali-combobox
Just for great justice  big_smile

4 (edited by AndreaMG 30-12-2012 15:43:15)

Rimsky wrote:

AndreaMG
I want to test it but the installer is forcing me to install haali which I don't want (I prefer LAV splitter), any idea why I cannot deslect it in the installation phase??

Today only haali splitter can open linking mkv-files
LAV splitter cant do this
So installer block haali-combobox
Just for great justice  big_smile

Thanks, but I still don't get it smile why for starters put haali with a checkbox if it is not possible to uncheck it?? hmm Never played those kind of files so am I forced to install it and then uninstall it? Shouldn't be better to let us to decide what to install? smile

AndreaMG

If you never played linking files it does't means that nobody played it.
Anime is offten ditributed in this way, opening and ending cut off separate files for traffic and HDD space economy.

You understand what "filters", "splitters", "decoders" & etc terrible words means, and its good!
And dont forget - most of people does't understand this, from all installer they understand only "Next" button, so our team has thinking and I decide to check system for splitters and install working combined of haali + lav for supporting so much type of video as possible.

IMHO Apple has shown: people wants uses devices, not setting up them, in our cases it means - watching movies
They are dont want to wasting time in codecs/filters/dplitters etc terrible words.

Rimsky wrote:

AndreaMG

Anime is offten ditributed in this way, opening and ending cut off separate files for traffic and HDD space economy.

You understand what "filters", "splitters", "decoders" & etc terrible words means, and its good!
And dont forget - most of people does't understand this, from all installer they understand only "Next" button, so our team has thinking and I decide to check system for splitters and install working combined of haali + lav for supporting so much type of video as possible.

It makes sense, but as you said most people click next button without worring about anything else, so they sure won't untick the splitter option, so why block the possibility to untick it? It still makes no mouch sense to me wink At this point it would be preferable to hide it alltogether from the installation window, but I think we have different ideas smile Please understand that I do not want to criticize your work in any way, I just wanted to express an opinion smile

AndreaMG
At this point it would be preferable to hide it alltogether from the installation window, but I think we have different ideas

Its a bad practice to hide components of the product, no matter what product: food, tech, or SVP
Locked checkbox has information sense

By the way: haali checkbox combined with MPC-HC checkbox
Dont check MPC-HC and haali checkbox stay switchable

We a re talking about full SVP distributive, but our team make it for "beginners"
If you want use you own player, you settings of components - use SVP lite distributive

Rimsky wrote:

I did not say to drop the intallation of haali by default wink It is correct to let haali installing by default but INMHO it is absurd not to permit the faculty not to install it when there is a checkbox right there smile . I just wanted to clarify my words wink

Rimsky wrote:

AndreaMG
By the way: haali checkbox combined with MPC-HC checkbox
We a re talking about full SVP distributive, but our team make it for "beginners"
If you want use you own player, you settings of components - use SVP lite distributive

Thanks, I will follow that road  smile

AndreaMG

Yes I can make simple info messages without chekbox "Now haali instals!"

But SVP installer makes in Inno and where is possible I use standart section instead of code for stability.
Checkbox and its locked kind is standart use, but messages window is separate wizardform in code
More code - more chanse of runtime error depend of antivirus, degree of dirty Windows, moon phase, mars curiosity position  big_smile

Okay. BTW, in such case this guide is very useful.

nemoW
in such case this guide is very useful.

for SVP - nope

13 (edited by AndreaMG 30-12-2012 17:00:16)

Rimsky
AndreaMG

Ok, ok I got it has information meaning only big_smile , but please do understand that the checkbox could be misleading big_smile  Please do also understand that for us "advanced" users is annoying when a program installs something you do not want to, in this case I find haali annoying because it also tries to reassociate files if I recall correctly... If you say that I can keep my versions of player, render, decoders, splitter already updated and install only SVP lite for me is fine smile Thank you for the great work big_smile

AndreaMG

Just as planned: lite for "advanced", full for "beginners"  wink

Rimsky
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=516729 now this guide just add ffdshow raw and SVP is the best I have
found. Keep up the great work as alway's.

16 (edited by Fatsahft 07-01-2013 20:18:24)

Well,
I haven't been using SVP for over a week now and have been using my projectors FI and am truly sorry to announce that SVP isn't for me.
Too much artifacts no matter what I do.
My settings are all maxed out and cannot get this program to play without artifacts.

It's driving me insane. UNLESS I'm doing something wrong...which I wouldn't think cause I basically tried everything and read everything.

Good luck with this wonderful software.

Fatsahft wrote:

Well,
I haven't been using SVP for over a week now and have been using my projectors FI and am truly sorry to announce that SVP isn't for me.
Too much artifacts no matter what I do.
My settings are all maxed out and cannot get this program to play without artifacts.

It's driving me insane. UNLESS I'm doing something wrong...which I wouldn't think cause I basically tried everything and read everything.

Good luck with this wonderful software.

What is your GPU and cpu. I finally have no artifacts using a 8320 processor and everything maxed out
using the guide I posted. Could not be happier with SVP but with a lesser processor not so happy in
fact unistalled SVP a few months back.

What is your GPU and cpu. I finally have no artifacts using a 8320 processor and everything maxed out
using the guide I posted. Could not be happier with SVP but with a lesser processor not so happy in
fact unistalled SVP a few months back.

CPU: Intel 3570K overclocked to 4.5GHZ
GPU: HD5770

All my settings are maxed out.
I'm having a really hard time believing you have no artifacts.

Please share your secret...I would really like to see for myself.

Thanks