Topic: how do I set svp

hello guys! I have a problem with SVP.
I always watch movies in 23,976, but I have a TV that does not have the frequency 48Hz ... the TV has only these frequencies 23p, 24p, 50p, 60p and 59P.
I do I see in the movies smoothly in 23,976?
thanks!!

Re: how do I set svp

Hi ed89.
If your TV has any technology of new frames inserting (frame interpolation - FI mode) then choose 23p mode and enable FI mode. You not need SVP.
If your TV has not FI mode then install SVP and use 50p or 60p mode. All work SVP does automatically. It can encrease frequence of frames to any times. For example from 23,976 to 60 fps.

thanks for the reply. I am Italian. please try to talk to you in a simple way.
to see the film in 23.976 is important to the frequency of my TV? 24p is ok? or do I have to put 60hz?

4 (edited by AndreaMG 24-11-2012 13:48:06)

ed89 wrote:

thanks for the reply. I am Italian. please try to talk to you in a simple way.
to see the film in 23.976 is important to the frequency of my TV? 24p is ok? or do I have to put 60hz?

Ciao, imposta il refreh rate a 59,94Hz, altrimenti va anche bene 60Hz (tanto c'è reclock...) e poi in target frame rate imposta "to screen refresh rate (default)" in SVP. Se imposti come refresh rate della TV "23" oppure "24" ovviamente SVP non interviene... Ciò detto anche se la mia tv (Panasonic VT30) gestisce l'interpolazione dei frame trovo quella di SVP 1.000 volte meglio! big_smile

In english:
Hi, you have to set the refresh rate of your TV set to 59.94 Hz, or 60Hz (reclock will adapt it for you...) and then set the target frame rate "to screen refresh rate (default)" in SVP control manager. If you set the refresh rate of your TV set to "23" or "24" SVP obviously will not be not be triggered ... That said, even though my TV set (Panasonic VT30) has a buit in frame interpolation function I find the SVP's one vastly superior big_smile

ed89
to see the film in 23.976 is important to the frequency of my TV? 24p is ok?

Oh! Sorry. SVP is not used. Of course, you right!
You may use 23p or 24p and ReClock to avoid framedrops and frame repeats.

I do not use reclocks.

Now I set the refresh rate to 59.94 Hz (SVP--> screen selecton; force selection screen settings; specify custom screen refresh rate 59.94hz) and then the refresh rate of the TV 24.
Ok?

ed89 wrote:

I do not use reclocks.

Now I set the refresh rate to 59.94 Hz (SVP--> screen selecton; force selection screen settings; specify custom screen refresh rate 59.94hz) and then the refresh rate of the TV 24.
Ok?

Reclock fa parte integrante di SVP, devi installarlo per fare funzionere correttamente SVP, perchè altrimenti pensi lo abbiano incluso?!?
Non ha senso mandare la TV a 24Hz e dire a SVP che il tuo refresh video è a 59.94! Se vuoi utilizzare il frame interpolation di SVP entrambi devono essere a 59.95, per questo ti ho detto di lasciare l'opzione di SVP come default smile

ok! I reinstalled everything again. I do I do now? I can explain you all right?

9 (edited by AndreaMG 24-11-2012 14:27:00)

Dopo aver impostato il tuo TV a 59.94 fai partire il video (lascia tutte le opzioni di SVP in default per ora), dovrebbe comparire un OSD con la scritta "playback 23.976 (5:2)= 59.94". Significa che SVP sta "inventando" nuovi frame portando la rioluzione nativa del video da 23.976fps a 59.94fps. Ovviamenta disabilita la funzione di FI del tuo TV altrimenti si sovrappongono! smile

ed89
The topic has name "how do I set svp".
After that you write: "to see the film in 23.976".

SVP is a program to play ANY video at screen refresh rate. As much as possible. In my case I wach movies at 60 Hz and 120 Hz monitors.

What you want to get from SVP?
I not understand you. hmm

Mag, I think he wants to see movies with frame interpolation playing them at 59.94fps smile

AndreaMG wrote:

Dopo aver impostato il tuo TV a 59.94 fai partire il video (lascia tutte le opzioni di SVP in default per ora), dovrebbe comparire un OSD con la scritta "playback 23.976 (5:2)= 59.94". Significa che SVP sta "inventando" nuovi frame portando la rioluzione nativa del video da 23.976fps a 59.94fps. Ovviamenta disabilita la funzione di FI del tuo TV altrimenti si sovrappongono! smile

Now when I open media player classic hc, SVP Manager asks me if I want to activate reclocks. I tell him yes or no?

you have to have patience with me ... I'm no expert. sorry!

14 (edited by AndreaMG 24-11-2012 14:50:47)

ed89 wrote:

you have to have patience with me ... I'm no expert. sorry!

As I said earlier being reclock a key component in how SVP works of course you have to say YES wink

ed89
SVP Manager asks me if I want to activate reclocks. I tell him yes or no?
It is ReClock asks. Choose "Yes, always". Then question will not appear any more.

now I'm testing. see you later. thanks! wink

now the video is perfect smile  smile  smile , but the audio is out of sync! how can I do?

ed89
audio is out of sync! how can I do?
Choose one:
1. Point real resulted fps from SVP to ReClock after video opens. Read ReClock documentation about different ways of audio connection. And how to setup ReClock.
2. Uninstall ReClock.

I think I have solved my problem. I have uninstalled SVP and I installed ReClock only.

ed89
I think I have solved my problem. I have uninstalled SVP
I am not surprised big_smile Good solution of topic "how do I set svp" lol

I thought I would solve my problem with svp, instead I I risolsto my problem with reclock smile  smile  smile
I thank all wink

MAG79 wrote:

Hi ed89.
If your TV has any technology of new frames inserting (frame interpolation - FI mode) then choose 23p mode and enable FI mode. You not need SVP.
If your TV has not FI mode then install SVP and use 50p or 60p mode. All work SVP does automatically. It can encrease frequence of frames to any times. For example from 23,976 to 60 fps.

Don t agree with you here MAG. SVP does frame interpolation MUCH better then any FI mode on a standalone display device!

THX-UltraII
Maybe. There are many TVs with FI and it is difficult task to compare them all. But couple years ago best FI was at Philips TVs: Philips Digital Natural Motion (DNM). And quality was better than SVP couple years ago. smile
As for now I don't know hmm

yeah I saw a philips 3d tv and its FI is very natural and I defintely LOVE IT!

and 720p video with svp using default settings and 120fps(if you have 120hz monitor) movies looks crazy perfect cool , I can not find any artifact.

maybe using same refresh rate and fps is the key for perfect smoothnes, maybe, I dont know...

MAG79
I am only talking about my experience I have with digital front projectors. I have seen almost all the current HT projectors that all have some kind of FI option on-board but none of them can ce compared with SVP. In this case I am NOT talking about the actual smoothness but about the aritifacts. With a little tweaking (and maybe in a future version wink) SVP can use its '1,5M' mode which causes simply NOT A SINGLE visible artifact at all while still getting a decent smoothness. All the FI techniques on front projectors I have seen show artifacts, even with a low FI setting. That s where SVP (when using 1,5M mode) is so unique!