Topic: Jerky DVD Playback

when playing back a dvd with SVP running, the video is jerky to the point where i have to turn SVP off.

the problem has been completely reproducable.
however i got one about 3 minute period where it played perfectly smoothly after i left it paused for a minute or two.
as of yet i've been unable to reproduce that behaviour even after extended periods of leaving it paused.

i've seen someone else with this issue (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1595708)

im using LAV filters for audio and video, using only ffdshow for raw video (however i had this problem using only ffdshow last night, no lav filters running then)
MPH-HC with madvr, the rest of the usual setup.

i'm not sure what other information to can provide other than the error log it gave me after the reboot so just ask and i'll hopefully be able to tell you.

Re: Jerky DVD Playback

here

AndreaMG
2) This one is even weirder: when I play a dvd if the threads are set to auto I have massive framedrops and the video stutters horribly, if it is manually set again to 4 or 8 threads everything is fine (except if I use Lav video decoder because I get stutters in between chapter changes).

The dvd playback with lav video is still broken (it stutters horribly with SVP and threads set to auto) but with cyberlink decoder seems fine, even during chapters changes (I have some more tests to do though this night...)

Regarding the dvd playback issue below what @Nev said in Lav thread that could be (maybe?) the explanation of the "jumping" videos that I encounter when threads are set to high values  :

(...) Regarding AviSynth, its possible that the high decode delay of the CUVID decoder is just too much for DVD playback plus AviSynth. CUVID has to buffer quite a few frames to be efficient at decoding, and the DVD Navigator is known to not deliver too much data in advance, so if you need a bunch of frames in the decoder for buffering, and AviSynth needs more frames buffered, they might just not arrive at the renderer in time for display. Can't really change how the CUVID decoder works, but since mpeg2 is so cheap, might as well stick to software.

Re: Jerky DVD Playback

Try this (for me it solved the issue): In Lavvideo deselect "DVD" in Lav settings, by doing that only for dvds Lav will decode i software mode, than set the threads numbers in SVP to 4 (assuming that you have a 4 cores cpu), with these settings I can play dvds with SVP at max + MadVR 1080 Jinc3 resize for both chroma and luma (withouut AR though, it is too much smile ). If you still encounter the issue try with the "Out of sync audio fix", wich seemed to solve also this problem for me smile