Re: 3D support

mocca
THX-UltraII
I waiting for "shipping" 3d-glasses. And before it will delivered I want to ask you:
Do you know any BD-player that can use external filters?

In our case it is ffdShow. As I can understand it is Stereoscopic player as said cemnahit. Next version SVP just will can handle multiply instances of ffdShow.

MAG79 wrote:

mocca
THX-UltraII
I waiting for "shipping" 3d-glasses. And before it will delivered I want to ask you:
Do you know any BD-player that can use external filters?

In our case it is ffdShow. As I can understand it is Stereoscopic player as said cemnahit. Next version SVP just will can handle multiply instances of ffdShow.

Not a clue sadly sad

Ok. For beginning it will be only MVC. After that we will work together with searching the way of BD3D smoothing.

MAG,

Check out the topics I started on the Total Media Theater forum and Cyberlink forum. Let s wait for reaction. TMT5 and PDVD12 are the only (perfectly and flawlassly) blu-ray 3D capable HTPC players out there.

http://www.arcsoft.com/forum/forum_post … 9160#49160

and

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/ … 25615.page

55 (edited by Nick 3DvB 14-11-2012 08:54:25)

Hi all, does any one know if the LAV filters support MVC yet? or will you be using the bundled CoreMVC decoder, or something else?

Will we still need something like SlySoft AnyDVD HD to play real 3D blurays through SVP in Stereoscopic player?

Also, I just discovered the colored black-bars "AmbiLight" feature, it works great in 2D on my 4:3 aspect-ratio projector!  smile

Is there any news on a fix for this feature in 3D yet?  I think it could work really well for the Oculus Rift HMD video player:

http://www.oculusvr.com/

http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.p … 825#p86825

Keep up the good work guys!

Hi Nick 3DvB.
Thank you for these links. I will look it.

3D Black bars lighting will be available with next version of SVP.

About MVC and best player for 3D BD - it is new topic for me and for SVP. I can't help you for now. But in near future I will search answers on these questions wink

57 (edited by Nick 3DvB 14-11-2012 08:55:24)

Thanks for replying, the problem is that the Rift HMD is designed for games and so it has a huge FOV, so compared to HMDs designed for movies (like the Sony HMZ1 etc) the movie screen is actually too big!  For normal video content we have to scale it down onto a "smaller" virtual screen, but it will still be IMAX size!  I want to try and use an AmbiLght type effect to fill the rest of the FOV (peripheral vision) and SVP seems perfect for this.  smile

Talking about accelerating SVP moved to topic Hardware acceleration of SVP

Rift HMD, black borders lighting and stuff

Hi,

I've been reading this forum for a very long time and just registered cause I'm dying to know what's happening with the 3D updates?
Any updates?
I so wish this pans out as my projector (JVC RS45) does NOT having FI and desperately would like that in SVP to be able to do so

Of course I'm talking about frame packed 3D

thanks in advance and congrats on a great piece of software engineering.
I absolutely love SVP!

Fatsahft
frame packed 3D
As for now SVP beta supports SBS and over-under 3D only. I have tested Frame Sequential 3D only to send frames to to my 3D monitor. I have not tested frame packed 3D because my monitor not supports it.

1. What player you using to play Frame packed 3D?
2. Do you know any way to play Frame packed 3D from StereoScopic Player or 3D Vision Video Player?

And I need to tell you: You can not view FHD 3D at 60 fps. Maximum is only 720p 60 fps.

Signals formats may include full L/R HD (frame packing) including 1080/24p and 720/60p side-by-side

So you can use SVP with 720p 3D only. FullHD 3D 60fps not supported by your projector.

1. What player you using to play Frame packed 3D?
I use WinDVD and/or PowerDVD to watch all my 3D movies.
I do NOT watch SBS, I just don`t like the quality

2. Do you know any way to play Frame packed 3D from StereoScopic Player or 3D Vision Video Player?
No I don`t...really sorry.

Wow that`s bad news that it can`t work.
I guess I`ll wait another year and replace my projector with a projector that does FI.
You should see 3D on a BenQ7000...it`s awesome! But the contrast is unacceptable.
Hence why I went with a JVC.

Many thanks for responding.

3D Blu-Ray on a htpc is ONLY supported by PowerDVD, Total Media Theater and WinDVD. You cannot play 3D Blu-Ray with other software, also not with StereoScopic or 3D Vision Video Player. I ve asked on the PowerDVD and TMT forum a few weeks ago if ffdshow is supported but I never got an answer to this
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/ … 25615.page
http://www.arcsoft.com/forum/forum_post … 9160#49160

@Fatsahft: your W7000 is flawless concerning flicker and ghosting. No better choise under 10K you can make for this. The motion on the W7000 is also much better then the motion handling of non-DLP machines. However, the W7000 really lacks black performance. I have the Sony HW50 atm. This has great blacks and superb colors in 3D but the downside is that it has much more flicker and ghosting then DLP. You might want to check out the Mitsubishi HC8000DBL as it seems to have great contrast, good brightness, no crosstalk and above all a flickerfree picture. If SVP will support PowerDVD or Total Media Theater you have the ultimate 3D setup with a HC8000DBL+SVP for under 10K!

THX-UltraII
3D Blu-Ray on a htpc is ONLY supported by PowerDVD, Total Media Theater and WinDVD. You cannot play 3D Blu-Ray with other software, also not with StereoScopic or 3D Vision Video Player.

Soon Madshi will implement 3D into MadVR big_smile

AndreaMG
Soon Madshi will implement 3D into MadVR big_smile
And maybe in the future even frame interpolation

AndreaMG
Never possible. madVR is a renderer.

First non commercial players that are compatible with madVR has to support 3D br playback like mpc-hc but this will likely not happen for a few years from now.

THX-UltraII
Never possible. madVR is a renderer.

Are U sure??
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1594931 post#14523 and followings where he talks about it smile

THX-UltraII
First non commercial players that are compatible with madVR has to support 3D br playback like mpc-hc but this will likely not happen for a few years from now.

I play blu-rays with anydvdhd+mpchc+lav+madvr with no proplems, if in the near future Madvr will support 3D with the industry standards I see no problems or I am missing something? smile

I play blu-rays with anydvdhd+mpchc+lav+madvr with no proplems, if in the near future Madvr will support 3D with the industry standards I see no problems or I am missing something? smile

You cannot be playing FULL 3D with that combination.
It must be SBS 3D.
If it`s the latter I will pay you to get mine going....please do tell
I want SVP to work with FULL3D (Frame packed)

That`s my dream right now.

Tks

THX-UltraII,
You must`ve misread my thread...I do not have the BenQ 7000. I saw a demo and was blown away by the 3D.
It was spectacular but it also SUCKS with the contrast! I cannot live with that.
I have a JVC RS45 and LOVE the picture it produces...I hate the 3D on it despite having great contrast and a great looking picture. the ghosting and crosstalk drives me insane though.

I`m not changing my projector and get a huge hit changing it. I just wish (for now) if a program like SVP would work with frame packed 3D. That`s all I care about.
I want nothing to do with SBS 3D...to me it sucks!

I guess I just have to wait

Regards,

AndreaMG
Like I said, madVR is a RENDERER. The only thing madshi could accomplish in the future is make madVR support players that are 3D Blu-Ray capable.

AndreaMGYou cannot play 3D Blu-Ray with MPC-HC. The are 3 commericial players which support 3D Blu-Ray are those are PowerDVD, Total Media Theater and WinDVD. There are no plans for a non-commercial player to support 3D Blu-Ray.

You must`ve misread my thread...I do not have the BenQ 7000. I saw a demo and was blown away by the 3D.
It was spectacular but it also SUCKS with the contrast! I cannot live with that.
I have a JVC RS45 and LOVE the picture it produces...I hate the 3D on it despite having great contrast and a great looking picture. the ghosting and crosstalk drives me insane though.

I owned quite some projectors and the RS45 is one of them. The RS45 is THE projector to beat as for 2D under 5K. The 3D is terrible on it. The new RS46 isn t much better. (the ghosting is a little better but it still flickers like hell). The Sony HW50 is a little better but still makes me nauseous after watching 15minutes of 3D content. The W7000 really shines in 3D but indeed lacks contrast. The just released Mitsubishi HC8000DBL COULD be the 2D+3D projector to beat this year. SOme initial testing is done atm by some projector gurus on the AVS community. If you want top notch 3D you can look at the $ 40.000,00 SIM2 3D-S. This is one of the few HT projectors that support tripple flash (144Hz) in 3D mode.

But I m going way OT with all this projector talk smile

'We' have to find out if PowerDVD or Total Media Theater could support SVP. (Corelsoft windvd sucks)

I`m not changing my projector and get a huge hit changing it. I just wish (for now) if a program like SVP would work with frame packed 3D. That`s all I care about.
I want nothing to do with SBS 3D...to me it sucks!

I guess I just have to wait

Regards,

@THX-UltraII, thanks for clarifing it, I'm still wandering why Madshi should enable 3D support if there is no non commercial player out there able to actually reproduce it hmm

AndreaMG3D support will be on his longterm to-do list but untill there s no non-commercial player out there which will support 3D Blu-Ray, madshi can t do much. There s really no hope that anything will be released by non-commercial player for at least a few years I think.