Re: ''1,5m'' Frame Interpolation Mode

THX-UltraII
do I also have to change 'smooth.scene.limits.scene' to value 1 in order to get 1m50% during the entire movie?
No.

Is this already fixed in 3.1.3beta?
Yes.

27 (edited by THX-UltraII 05-11-2012 19:23:31)

MAG79 wrote:

THX-UltraII
Is this already fixed in 3.1.3beta?
Yes.

Ok, so now I have to do:

2. Find //smooth.scene.limits.m1 = 1600; and change it to smooth.scene.limits.m1 = 0;
3. Find //smooth.scene.limits.m2 = 2800; and change it to smooth.scene.limits.m2 = 0;

correct?

And Mag, what s with this topic? http://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1007
I can t read it but are you and Gaunt discussing something interesting about 1,5M I need to know about?
You really should think about integrating 1.5M and 1m50% into the final 3.1.3 version of SVP wink

THX-UltraII
correct?
Yes

We always "discussing something interesting" with our beta-testers. wink
We are SVP-Team! smile

You really should think about integrating 1.5M and 1m50% into the final 3.1.3 version of SVP
I thinking about it. Maybe it will be so. wink

1,5M I need to know about?
I will inform you about results of our discussion.

MAG,

Any news yet on the 1.5M/1M50% mode?

I have another question:
If I want to video (after the SVP processing) to be as close as possible to the original, what are the settings that has to be used? I am NOT talking about the amout of frames here but about other aspects like blurring etc. So right now I m using 1M50% (smooth.scene.limits.m1 = 0 + smooth.scene.limits.m2 = 0;) and I m looking for the settings that will result in video that is closest to the original for the following settings. Could you advise on this?

THX-UltraII
Any news yet on the 1.5M/1M50% mode?
It was some technical issues and I had to stop my experiments. In few days I think I will return to this topic.

As for now we have 4 variants of 1.5m:
- 1m11m (it is gaunt's idea, not ready, stuttering is visible)
- 1mm1m with 50% distance (ready to use in SVP 3.1.2, more smoothness)
- 1mm1m with custom distances (ready to use in SVP 3.0 with gaunt mod, more smoothness)
- 1mm1m with 50% intensity (it is gaunt's idea, I'm work on it, even more smoothness)

---
Advices about interpolated frames close to original ones:
- use 2-nd shader (no blending: no bluring);
- disable Artifact masking (less bluring);
- use big vectors grid step with small radius (less local movements and local distortion);
- use half-pixel precision (slow movements become more accurate);

It was some technical issues and I had to stop my experiments. In few days I think I will return to this topic.

As for now we have 4 variants of 1.5m:
- 1m11m (it is gaunt's idea, not ready, stuttering is visible)
- 1mm1m with 50% distance (ready to use in SVP 3.1.2, more smoothness)
- 1mm1m with custom distances (ready to use in SVP 3.0 with gaunt mod, more smoothness)
- 1mm1m with 50% intensity (it is gaunt's idea, I'm work on it, even more smoothness)

Looking forward to the integration in SVP 3.1.3

Advices about interpolated frames close to original ones:
- use 2-nd shader (no blending: no bluring);
- disable Artifact masking (less bluring);
- use big vectors grid step with small radius (less local movements and local distortion);
- use half-pixel precision (slow movements become more accurate);

So for the shader you are referring to the 'SHARP (ANIME)' to use correct?
What about 'VECTOR SEARCH' and 'SEARCH RADIUS'? Put them on max or min?

MAG? Any thought?

THX-UltraII
you are referring to the 'SHARP (ANIME)' to use correct?
Yes. It is sharp shader. No blends. No bluring.

What about 'VECTOR SEARCH' and 'SEARCH RADIUS'? Put them on max or min?
Leave all what I not tell about with default values. Vectors and radius too.

---
Best frame close to original is its copy or another original wink

34 (edited by THX-UltraII 15-11-2012 20:37:49)

what do you mean with this?Should I use:

6 px. Small 2 + By two with global refinement

OR

32 px. Large 0 + To small step 6-8 px.

THX-UltraII

what do you mean with this?

I mean 24 px. Large 2 + Disabled like here.

Mag, when I use the SHARP shader I get heavy artifacts at the bottom (and some on the top) of the screen. It looks like some kind of 'distortion' and can ONLY be seen when the entire picture/camera in the movie is fast moving. It is also far more heavy with 1:78:1 (16:9) content and not so much with 2:35:1 content. Any idea what could cause this? It is gone when I start using the default (standard) shader but you told me that the SHARP shader is closest to the original correct?

THX-UltraII
I forgot.
Do you using GPU-accelerating?
Edge distortions are available without it.

MAG79
have to check this tonight. I DID install the new WHQL nvidia drivers last weekend so maybe GPU acc. was disabled after that.....

MAG79
hmmmm, that s strange, it isn t the GPU acc. because that s already enabled. Could the bottom edge distortions be caused by another thing than the SHARP shader?

THX-UltraII
Yes. Edge distortions can also appears at little or not little black borders. You need to crop frame to cut out these black borders. Use "Frame crop" option from SVP tray menu. And "Frame crop > Custom..." while playing to manually tune crop values and visually control it.

MAG79
thanks mag but the problem is that the edge distortion in 50% in the black bar and approx. 50% in the actual picture. (how can I make a screenshot of it?)

THX-UltraII
You can give us your settings (additional info). And two source frames of problem place. Or cut 10-20 sec from source video and send me.

ok, will do that this weekend