Topic: SLI Support + minor artifacts

Hi guys, new user here!

Is Nvidia SLI supported with the latest version? I have a 2 X GTX660 Ti setup and I see only one card used when GPU acelleration is enabled. Not sure if I need 2 cards, but maybe it would help 3d movies. Also, is there a way to use CUDA compatibility?

Another small issue: I can see minor artifacts in fast moving scenes but this is very dependent on the quality of the movie. I play MKV's, some are BR rips, some are recordings from TV broadcasts. The BR-rips have few artifacts, but broadcast recordings have more, and this leads me to believe that it all depends on the quality of the source. However, is there a way to eliminate the minor artifacts? These take the form of transparent contours around people or objects in fast moving scenes, but I've also seen some artifacts on intersected lines in grills for example.

On another note, I want to gongratulate all the people working on this project. So nice to see hardware frame interpolation on the PC! Great work and keep it up! smile

Re: SLI Support + minor artifacts

Xenocyde
Not sure if I need 2 cards

you don't smile

is there a way to use CUDA compatibility

OpenCL is basically the same thing

(and works on top of CUDA on NV)

However, is there a way to eliminate the minor artifacts?

only at the price of loosing smoothness

Thanks for your quick reply. To your knowledge, is the SVP implementation on par with similar hardware interpolation (Cinema Smooth) done on a Samsung E6500 plasma?

I don't have Samsung E6500  big_smile

5 (edited by Xenocyde 09-11-2012 10:28:25)

I don't have it either tongue I want to buy one of these however. I guess I'll compare Cinema Smooth with SVP myself and use whichever has the fewest artifacts smile Thanks for your help again  big_smile

6 (edited by mocca 09-11-2012 14:40:43)

With the right settings and at 60hz/60fps svp can look better than some of the top of the range lcd's that claim to have a 800hz refresh rate when frame interpolation is active wink.
There's only 3 sets that imho i've seen that beat svp and thats panasonics dt50 and et5b and a sammy es8000 allthough the sammy was flaky  with fi with 3d blurays.

1m will give less artifacts at cost of smoothness at 60hz, at 120hz 1m is smooth but you can only get that on a 120hz monitor or projector i believe.

One of the biggest factors is your cpu so a nice cpu will do wonders for svp, my oc'd 3770k eats up svp but it still does'nt have enough power for some 1080p content  with high settings.

Artifacts on grills or blinds is perfectly normal for frame interpolation, i've seen it on everything i've had.