Topic: 3D support

I just bought a Epson TW9000 3D projector. Does SVP support 3D?

Re: 3D support

Frame interpolation is really no different in 3D. I've personally tested SVP on "stereoscopic player" and it works just fine

SVP can be used with vertical/horizontal setereopair and can't be used with interlaced and packed 3D.

Maybe I have to explain what I m looking for:

Yesterday I had a demo of a Sony VW95 projector. This projector has a Frame Interpolation mode that also works in 3D mode. The result is smooth 3D with 3D Blu-Ray content but with some artifacts.
The projector I bought (Epson TW9000) does have a FI function but only works for non 3D (and of course I m going to use SVP for this instead of the FI function of the Epson!). It would be nice if SVP will work on the Epson when playing 3D Blu-Ray content!!

3D BD -

I think
NO, side-by-side rips - YES

Chainik
I ll only play full 3d Blu-Ray rips. Do you think SVP will support this in the future?

THX-UltraII
I ll only play full 3d Blu-Ray rips.

What do you mean? If BD3D ISO then I don't think SVP could handle them.
The only possible formats right now are "full" OR "half" "side by side" OR "over under" rips.

I am thinking about buying the smaller Version of THX-UltraII's Epson Beamer - the EH-TW5900. I heard a lot about stuttering 3D, so I would like to know if I can use svp for 3D SBS and/or 3D hSBS. I know - SVP is able to handle this video material. What I  wonder about is whether it is possible to pass the Video through the HDMI-1.4a cable. What format would I use for this - full-SBS 3840x1080 @ 60 or 30 Hz would probably not go through the cable!? would it be possible to pass half-SBS 1920x1080 @ 60 Hz through it and make the Beamer display it as 3D?

I have tried stereoscopic player and it does not work.  You get the display indicating what the framerate is that it tries to get, but it doesnt do anything.  I thought it may be too much so I changed it to just do 2x, no dice.  When I watch the videos outside of stereoscopic player, it has no problem changing the frame rate.  The videos are just two seperate avi files, divx compressed and played with the player.  I went through the directions on how to add it to stereoscopic player from a link:
http://www.svp-team.com/wiki/Setting_up … pic_Player

I am running windows 7 64 bit on an i7 860 with 12 gigs of memory.  Not sure what the issue is.  The videos are each 1280x720 @24hz.  The videos are from the fuji 3d w3, all choppy as hell and no stabilizer, so it needs all the help it can get.  Not sure if this is more than it can handle.  It seems to be fine with bluray rips at full 1080p 24hz.

scstudios
The videos are from the fuji 3d w3
What stereo format it has: side-by-side?

scstudios
are just two seperate avi files

It could be the problem.
SVP Manager can't handle two ffdshow instances at the same time right now.

Chainik wrote:

scstudios
are just two seperate avi files

It could be the problem.
SVP Manager can't handle two ffdshow instances at the same time right now.

Hello;

Do you plan to support MVC ssif file types as Stereoscopic player can play directly from 3dBlurays ?

Thank you.

cemnahit
Stereoscopic player can play directly from 3dBlurays

can it use ffdshow raw as post-processor in that case?

Chainik wrote:

cemnahit

Yes but two ffdshow instances are executing by MVC Codec in Stereoscopic Player. So SVP can't handle two instances at the same time...

Do you have any suggestions or we have to wait for SVP to support MVC Codec?

Thanks.

cemnahit wrote:
Chainik wrote:

cemnahit

Yes but two ffdshow instances are executing by MVC Codec in Stereoscopic Player. So SVP can't handle two instances at the same time...

Do you have any suggestions or we have to wait for SVP to support MVC Codec?

Thanks.

By the way when opening ssif file in monoscopic layout there is no problem, SVP can handle very well because it executes only one instance of ffdshow

yeah, we'll make this thing working

Chainik wrote:

Great news smile Lots of CPU (Horse) power we will need then smile)

Thank you

cemnahit
Looking forward to this.

Chainik wrote:

Hi,
It would be great if you could make svp work with stereoscopic player, i use a 120hz 3dvision pj so it would be awsome smile

mocca
It works right now but only with SBS and over-under stereo pairs.

Also Stereoscopic Player can't handle frame size changing in runtime so some SVP's features like black borders lighting and cropping won't work as expected.

21 (edited by mocca 22-10-2012 09:06:03)

Hi Chainlink.
I take it stereo pairs are normal sbs and over under files?
If so i have some of these and cannot get svp to work correctly.

1st issue is when svp is enabled the picture shifts to the left in stereoscopic player so its unwatchable, disabling svp will put the image back  to center. ( pic included )
http://i913.photobucket.com/albums/ac338/butmuncher/imagetotheleft.png

Second issue is that svp keeps crapping out and going into repair mode.

Of course if stereo pairs are'nt normal sbs ect files then i'll be waiting for a possible fix one day.
Thanks for your time.

I use  the player to convert sbs over/under to 3dvision .

it seems like you've some cropping / resizing enabled in SVP

23 (edited by mocca 22-10-2012 10:38:08)

Chainik wrote:

it seems like you've some cropping / resizing enabled in SVP

Hi,
I have added a pic of what the image looks like in 2d before i switch into 3d vision, as you can see the images are off, once svp is off though image goes back to normal and is fixed so what you say rings true.

Would you know how to fix this issue?

As frame cropping ect do'nt work correctly all those settings did'nt fix my issue.

http://i913.photobucket.com/albums/ac338/butmuncher/2d.png

I don't see any issue smile

http://www.svp-team.com/forum/misc.php?item=1864&download=1

Post's attachments

sbs.jpg 340 kb, 1965 downloads since 2012-10-22 

25 (edited by mocca 22-10-2012 14:47:45)

Thanks Chainlink,
It was the setting in svp for " Decrease frame size " i set it to disabled like yours and image perfectly fits, it was set as  " to screen size "

Now to my second issue.
No matter how low my settings are  when 3d is enabled in the player i get  " low performance issues and stutters ".

Any idea how to track down the cause of this?
8gb ram
i7 3770k
sli gtx 670

http://i913.photobucket.com/albums/ac338/butmuncher/lowsvp.png