Topic: Screen capture and svp?

Hi, I am trying to screen capture videos with amarecco playing in kmplayer with svp. I know the svp works fine before I screen capture, however, when start the screen capture i notice only when viewing that svp is working although svp is not showing any errors related to that. Is there a setting in svp that would make this work? Thanks for any good advice.

Re: Screen capture and svp?

any recording app should compress captured video at high frame rate, right?
i think capturing and compressing takes too much of your CPU so SVP begins to stutter

so start capturing and then lower SVP settings until "SVP index" in "Perfomance graphs" window will be around 1.0 again

Milardo
As you writed all is working. What the problem?

Which settings should i change for example? although svp doesn't show error, I can visibly see that it off smoothness that is.

5 (edited by Milardo 19-10-2012 09:42:19)

Yes, my gpu monitoring tool msi afterburner shows that the framerate dropped form 60 to 30 something. Also the cpu isn't being used a lot. I have an ati mobility radeon hd4570 can't turn on the gpu support of svp.

it's the blue selection frame in amarecco that makes things bad (in my case)
turn it off

Don't have that turned on either.

hmm, so it should be a performance issue
set "SVP shader" to "1. Fastest" and "Motion vectors precision" to "Two pixels" in SVP

I have tried that but i don't think it works, however, there are several video renderers within kmplayer. It seems that performance of svp in my case is choosing the right renderer, when I tried madvr, performance is low, but if i use like evr c/a performance increase although not 60 fps, it is only about 51 fps. So i think the renderer and its options are the problem, will report if i can get good results thanks and if anybody knows more about this appreciate all replies.

Yay, I think I got it! Anybody want a sample vid of it let me know it or the instructions on how I got it to work let me know thanks for all your good replies. smile

I can tell that SVP + EVR CP + capturing @60 fps works fine on my laptop (i5-2430m + AMD 6450 + Win7).

BTW what's your hardware and OS?

Are you using kmplayer? Also amarecco for capturing? Clevo M770CUH-core i7 620m-mobility radeon hd4570 512 ddr2, 8gb ram, 500gb hdd 7200rpm, win 7 x64 pro. this is a laptop.

nope, I've tried with MPC-HC, but I don't think it really matters in the case