Topic: FI mode of projector on top of SVP

Does it make sense to use the FI mode on a projector when already doing 23.976 => 59.02 with SVP?

Re: FI mode of projector on top of SVP

I think no.

But what is the strange framerate 59.02? hmm

I think no.

this is my thought too but why does JVC (and Sony and others) say that FI mode works best for sports/tv then? This IS 59 material isn t it?

But what is the strange framerate 59.02?

MediaInfo.ini says 59.02 when using nvidia's 59Hz profile......

THX-UltraII
why does JVC (and Sony and others) say that FI mode works best for sports/tv then?
I don't know why they do that roll

This IS 59 material isn t it?
Usually it is right.

I don't know why they do that roll

I ll look into this and will try to find out what the FI mode on the JVC RS45 actually/technically does.

This IS 59 material isn t it?
Usually it is right.

not following you here??

THX-UltraII
Usually sports and TV shows are broadcasted at 25i (PAL) and 30i (NTSC). Maybe your projector can deinterlace and interpolate 25i to 60p?

MAG79 wrote:

THX-UltraII
Usually sports and TV shows are broadcasted at 25i (PAL) and 30i (NTSC). Maybe your projector can deinterlace and interpolate 25i to 60p?

You where right (as always smile MAG. It s not needed to enable FI on my PJ because SVP already takes care of that.

Could you please please make a '1.5M frame interp. mode' file/svp version for me MAG? I m too noobish to do it myself because I just don t understand how to do this...... I really would be thankfull eternally! I even want to pay you a small amount with PayPal if you insist.