Topic: Why doesn't Makens guide use LAV?

Isn't it better to use LAV if one has a GeForce?

In my case, I am using a GeForce GTX 670 ....

I followed the instructions for the guide of Makens and everything is working just fine but I was wondering if it's better to also add the LAV decoder and if so how to do it

Re: Why doesn't Makens guide use LAV?

Hi berryracer check this out:

- LAV Video Decoder is recommended for MPC becouse MPC internal filters does not support DXVA2 copy-back decoding.
But PotPlayer internal decoders support it, so sensibly to use internal PotPlayers DXVA2 decoders instead LAV Video Decoders.
Becouse it good for stability reduce filters between videofile and FFDShow RAW
- This is from RIMSKY ( SVP Team ), its his recommendation and he is right. PotPlayer not need it.

about Cuda, if you remember im Nvidia user, check this link http://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=24097 , last POST, there is some new settings i was testing that refert to  CUDA, try it by yourself and tell us how its going.

Thank you for using my Guide and if it work for you that makes me happy smile.

Greetings.

MakeN

Thanks for your excellent guide man

if you don't mind, can I post it on my forums if I give you the credits and I can put a donation link to you if you PM me your paypal donation link so I can put it in a donation image/link

PC Tweakers Forums

berryracer wrote:

Thanks for your excellent guide man

if you don't mind, can I post it on my forums if I give you the credits and I can put a donation link to you if you PM me your paypal donation link so I can put it in a donation image/link

PC Tweakers Forums

Greetings berryracer, how you been?
Sorry for the late answer , i was super busy smile ( i was in other city ).

yes, you can if you give me some credits and thanks i will send it to you on pm.

greetings.